kuikeelc
Custom Pages Module
  • 2004/2/23 16:35

• kuikeelc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/3 1

Hi.

I would like to know if people here are interested in a Custom Pages module.

This module would enable the Administrator to create new pages with no functionality but to show text & images and lets you add (Custom) Blocks. You will also be able to structure these pages in a hierarchical manner.

All pages are added to the Main Menu in the same hierarchical manner (if the administrator wants this).

I think this module is useful if you want to just show information on your website, with no particular functionality. And structure the information is a hierarchiscal manner. Think of a presentation of your company or organization over several pages, put a few links and images on it, etc., etc.

I have some questions about this though and I am curious to your reaction to either one of them:

- Does a similar Module already exist? (I couldn't find it)

- Do you think such a module is useful?

- Do you have any tips/advice I should take into account when building this particular module? (I know where to find the Module Dev Docs)

Regards,

Eelco

krayc
Re: Custom Pages Module
  • 2004/2/23 19:53

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

I had the same need. I employed the module 'Tiny Content' for my purposes. It has a feature to make one of the 'tiny' content articles your home page.

krc

mariuss
Re: Custom Pages Module
  • 2004/2/23 20:23

• mariuss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/6 5

There are quite a few modules doing just this. Have a look at Freecontent, WF-Channel and C-JAY (there must be more).

I used Freecontent and WF-Channel.

I guess that WF-Channel is the closest to what you need (almost the same with what you describe).

Marius

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits