kaliman
Works locally but not from the outside
  • 2004/1/12 23:45

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Hi.
I've an small quesion. My site works fine locally, but while accesed from the outside, I only can see some fragments of the page. you can check at www.bio-ohm.org (patience it is my pc on an adsl ok)
Have a nice day!

elvir
Re: Works locally but not from the outside
  • 2004/1/12 23:50

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

Hi!

Have you tried to use some other theme?

Bassman
  • 2004/1/13 0:07

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but it seems as though your theme files aren't in the right directory (especially the theme.css file)

DonXoop

Your theme file has "localhost" . If you instead had something like <{$xoops_url}>/xoops.css and <{$xoops_themecss}> it would work better and follow any DNS changes (from the mainfile.php file).

Also, the <include file="xxxxx"> statements should prefix with the theme folder name.

Your mainfile.php file needs to reflect the actual hostname being used. For running from the inside (behind firewall) you need some DNS tricks or firewall tricks. Could also simply have a hosts file pointing to the internal IP.

Either way, you want to run it with the real hostname and not use "localhost".

Bassman
  • 2004/1/13 1:08

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Thanks Don, you're the smart person I was referring to ;O)

DonXoop

First thing to fix is the mainfile.php. Since you based the theme on a common one it likely already uses proper relative locations ($xoops_url). Your mainfile.php has "localhost" instead of "www.bio-ohm.org".

Then we can fix the internal/outside issue.

kaliman
  • 2004/1/13 15:46

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

Good Morning and Thankyou!
Well I have made the changes,and it can be seen from the outside (hopefully www.bio-ohm.org) but now I cannot see the site at my computer. This is not a big deal, as I can always change the mainfile, but it would be nice to do both things, don't you think?
Thankyou very much and have a nice day!!

DonXoop

That is a DNS issue. Very common problem with any app running behind a firewall and offering it to the outside. You don't change the mainfile.php everytime you want to see it from inside..... Many ways to fix it.

kaliman
  • 2004/1/13 17:10

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks! I'll try to figure this dns probelem out . Is
One more question is it possible to chenge the root directory by changing the value in the main file?

Kent
  • 2004/1/31 6:51

• Kent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/19

I'm trying to get this one sorted out as well. I'm testing a local set up where other XOOPS developers need to have access to my local system on a different port than 80. As for setting up the DNS, what software can I use to access localhost through a full domain (running XP currently, other software required for developing restricts the OS options to windows only).

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits