mercibe
Core News module and WF-faq notifications
  • 2004/1/12 19:54

• mercibe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/12

I am going to start coding:

- I would like to add notification option for each TOPICS in the core News module. News module is already notification-enabled but only for Global events.

- I would like to make WF-FAQ multilevel (just finished) and enable notification (to do).

...but I have a couple of questions before starting :

- Are you aware of some hacks doing exactly that ? Or a current development ?

- Where is the best place to start ? Does I have to start working on the latest official versions or from a living CVS (if CVS, which one?) ?

- How can I share my work with others ? They are a lot of interesting things to add to the already very good modules. I would like to be able to update modules regularly to the latest "official" versions without having to apply many personal patches. So I would prefer to integrate my patches into official modules - only if there are good, useful and generic, of course! Perhaps a stupid question, but how to do it ?

I applied for joining the module development team 3 days ago and I am waiting for an answer.

Thank you very much in advance for all your suggestions: I really want to offer my services to people who have done such a great job that I will be able to start (in two or three weeks) a complete Intranet portal based exclusively on XOOPS for our internal IT community (more than 1000 identified individuals !).

Benoit

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits