JimLinch
mainfile.php - I did a BAD THING!
  • 2004/1/7 9:10

• JimLinch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 9

I overwrote the mainfile.php on my server after changing the permissions. Any chance there is a way to restore what was in it so my site will work again? Or "how do I repair" this file? I have a bunch of mods done to the site, so reinstalling would kill me.

Please tell me it's not all lost?

Thanks.

Herko
Re: mainfile.php - I did a BAD THING!
  • 2004/1/7 9:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Use the mainfile.php.dist file, rename it to mainfile.php, and edit it to match your db settings, physical path and xoopr URL. Save, put it back on the server and you're back in business

Herko

ladon
  • 2004/1/7 9:17

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Actually nothing seems lost. Assuming you didn't make any changes to the mainfile before you overwrote it.

Just take the copy from the XOOPS download and take out the mainfile.php and fill in the data. (database name, user name, etc.) that's all.

[edit]
O that's right, there's a .dist file, that's even easyer!
[/edit]

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/7 11:52

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi,

What exactly is this .dist file? Is it a 'current updated' copy of the mainfile.php? I'd just like to know for future reference.

Thanks!

Mithrandir

It is the file, which is used in the installation process to overwrite the pre-installed mainfile.php (which just redirects to the installer)

So if you download XOOPS and open up mainfile.php, it'll only have a few lines whereas mainfile.dist.php will look rather like the one you have on a working site - except for placeholders where db username, password and the host urls/paths should go.

DonXoop

Quote:
What exactly is this .dist file? Is it a 'current updated' copy of the mainfile.php? I'd just like to know for future reference.

.dist is "Distribution". It is an original unconfigured file as distributed with a package. Don't edit the file, just copy and rename it when you need it. Saved you this time, eh? That is why it is there.

edit--> love those simuposts, got to type faster...

JimLinch
  • 2004/1/8 10:12

• JimLinch

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help guys!!! I got it going again. Someone was obvioulsy thinking ahead of time when they set up the .dist file!

xoops rocks!

Bassman
  • 2004/1/8 10:23

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

JimLinch wrote:
Thanks for the help guys!!! I got it going again. Someone was obvioulsy thinking ahead of time when they set up the .dist file!

xoops rocks!

I guess they realised people do some strange things LOL

Mithrandir

As I said, it IS used in the installation process - so it's not just for people messing up things they should not interfere with

JimLinch
  • 2004/1/9 1:17

• JimLinch

• Just popping in

Har Har! Go ahead, I deserve it.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits