jrc
ARMS 0.4 :: At point of installation I get a blank screen
  • 2004/1/4 23:42

• jrc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

G'day, hope somebody can shed light on this issue.

I have downloaded the Arms 0.4, it promises to be everything I am looking for in a document manager for Xoops. We are running latest stable xoops.

I unzipped into the modules directory, inadvertently giving the directory and subsequent files the wrong ownership.

When viewing the XOOPS modules for installing, there were errors on the screen... I quickly went back and did a recursive correction of ownership.

Now it appears in the modules not installed without any error but when I click to install, it goes to a blank screen (normally I would be asked to confirm the install). The url it goes to is as follows;
http://correct_domain_name/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=install&module=arms

I have desperately tried to find somebody else having the same problem but alas have not. It is only me? Is there something else I must do after stuffing up the file ownerships? Please, if anybody could put me onto the right track, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for you time and a happy new year from sunny Australia!

John

Jakobo
Re: ARMS 0.4 :: At point of installation I get a blank screen
  • 2004/1/6 3:34

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/18

I would check Table xoops_modules to see if the module was partially loaded. While still in development of a few modules myself, I haven't seen how gracefully ARMS exists when it fails its install. I would check your tables though, and drop xoops_arms* and then make sure arms wasn't loaded into your module table.

Hope this helps!

Login

Who's Online

359 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 359

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits