krobi
pls help me with wfsections
  • 2004/1/4 18:38

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

hi all

i have posted this question on the wfsections website also, maybe you can help me faster would be nice

i would like to modify wfsections like that

Resized Image

so when i go into a categorie for example abc
then i want that me users can see all subcategories with his discription and the more button and so on

i need it for my website because i have 2-3 sections where news can be posted but i need subcategories for that

and i think wfsections can handle that for me and my users that would be great

svaha
Re: pls help me with wfsections
  • 2004/1/4 21:02

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

For the moment I use the tutorials module to get this kind of output on the screen. It let's you make your own design in a kind of wysiwyg template.

The menu can be edited in index.php (of the mod WF-section)

Succes.

krobi
  • 2004/1/4 21:10

• krobi

• Quite a regular

hm thx for you reply

i will try a little bit with the tutorials modul

edit: yes thx the tutorial modul rockx thx

edit2: hm i tried a little bit but i dont know how to change the appearance to look and feel like i want it, i want this modul for news sorted by date and mixed in the sub categories

when i have the following categories and sub-cat:
abc
gdsd
---fadsf
---fadsf

i want that i link to abc for example and my users will get all news that are in this or any sub categorie, like in my graphic, as far as i saw the turoial modul is great really but i dont think that i can realise it with this

so i think wfsections can do the job for me, but i have no clue how to edit what to came to this result i hope someone can help me

iam not fixed on wfsections, so when the tutorial modul can handle that as i want yea the tutorial modul is mine hopefully someone can help me

maybe with a sample code or somethink like that, so i can edit or copy it easily iam sorry i understand html but no php or just a really little bit

krobi
  • 2004/1/5 21:27

• krobi

• Quite a regular

can no one help me??

Siege1386
  • 2004/1/5 22:02

• Siege1386

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/19

i don't know how it is done, but I would like it too.

Are you talking about something like onhttp://www.fantasyref.com ?

krobi
  • 2004/1/5 22:48

• krobi

• Quite a regular

yes and no

to yes: yes i want to link it like on the site
to no: i want also sub-categories and all my users should see all stories in that categories and in all the sub-catories who are in this categorie. and the news in it

svaha
  • 2004/1/5 23:13

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Just curious: When you have for instance 5 categories, each with 5 subcategories, in every category 10 articles, in every subcategory 20 articles, would not that be too much to show?

For the moment I just display this article menu. It needs some work, because you can't see the difference between category/sub category but I want to have content on my site now.

It is also possible that you have WF-section version with a bug not displaying sub categories. I will look that up and post it here

Aloha

krobi
  • 2004/1/5 23:20

• krobi

• Quite a regular

ok your right,

that would be much to show, ok so i should find a way that there are not more than 10 news on the page, then i can make a block or use the wf-sections block for my users so there can navigate to older news or something like that

i think that would be no big problem, the only big problem is how to show the categories and sub-categories so i want it

i use the offiziel and newest version of wf-section from the wf-sections homepage, i read that this version (1.01) have problems but fx-sections dont work at all, i dont know why but there is no symbol at the modul screen and when i install there is no name and then there is no fx-sections modul to configure, so wf-sections works fine but i want to hack/mod it to do what i want

it would be great if you or someone else can post maybe a sample code or something like that because iam really new to php, html and the variables are no big problems but php and XOOPS parameters are heavy for newbies

svaha
  • 2004/1/5 23:38

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Or could it be that your settings are not right.
Please look here

Is this what you want?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 23:39

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Most of what you want to change can be done from the main index.php file.

WF-Sections does show sub cats but this needs to be changed within the config area of the module. So please check there first and if that doesn't help then let me know.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits