OnePay
domain.com & www.domain.com
  • 2004/1/4 12:34

• OnePay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/27

When XOOPS is configured on www.domain it can not be accessed via domain.com (this could be a feature, but I would prefer - and find it easier - to have XOOPS work with both and also on the IP or IP Path (used by some ISPs)).

Check www.Wezep.com and Wezep.com.

PS: Programmers, please properly handle errors so when a user encounters an error and submits it to the webmaster the webmaster actually knows what happened + offer the user information on how to deal with the error/problem (tell them what to do or where to go now/next).

Jan304
Re: domain.com & www.domain.com
  • 2004/1/4 13:02

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Your last comment in your post is going way too far. Please please turn debug on. This has been said hunderds of times... (Edit)

On the moment of writing your server is down. So you might wanne get a new server instaid of blaming xoops.

Quote:
to have XOOPS work with both and also on the IP or IP Path (used by some ISPs)).

By IP, I wonder why they have created the DNS, to make life simpeler, and now, you want to go back... And if your server allows too run files from the ip path, then you can XOOPS install that way, I only don't see why you should do that...

Quote:
PS: Programmers, please properly handle errors so when a user encounters an error and submits it to the webmaster the webmaster actually knows what happened + offer the user information on how to deal with the error/problem (tell them what to do or where to go now/next).

We now have properly error handlers in XOOPS 2.0.6. However, you still have to turn debug on (normally).

Quote:
When XOOPS is configured on www.domain it can not be accessed via domain.com (this could be a feature, but I would prefer - and find it easier - to have XOOPS work with both and also on the IP or IP Path (used by some ISPs)).

I thought it was possible. I'm not sure, but I thought it was, however you might want to check it.

You might see this post as a flame or something, but, it isn't. Anyway, hopes this helps a bit.

[size=xx-small]Edit on 09 March 2004[/size]

OnePay
  • 2004/1/7 17:49

• OnePay

• Just popping in

Hey mister, if you didn't actualy read my post, please don't write such language to me!

- Debug mode: of course I know how to do that, but in a normal production environment sometimes users get errors (and some don't look pretty; see my comment on that).
- Second: in debug mode the www problem is not solved!

But to get back to the serious subject:

with debug mode on the www issue gives me:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/wezepco/public_html/www/header.php on line 112

this line reads:

$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', $xoopsModule->getVar('name'));

I would still like to see an option in the admin to add/allow multiple access options.

PS: IP's and IP Paths are still used, especially when testing a (backup) server before it goes live.

CBlue

Hi OnePay. I have bothhttp://www.crazy4realitytv.com andhttp://crazy4realitytv.com working with XOOPS on my server. So that's not the problem.

The problem is your header.php file. I suggest reuploading it fresh, not overwriting and see if that helps you.

CBlue

The only errors I have without the www part pertain to a javacript menu I'm using at the top of my page. It points to the www url and if using the url without www, it shows errors.

OnePay
  • 2004/1/24 10:12

• OnePay

• Just popping in

I've now tried three versions (from the CVS) of the header.php file -- no luck.

In the mean time I have updated to 2.0.5.2 and checked out all debug modi and removed all errors/bugs (suggestions/corrections have been send to the development teams).

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/24 12:25

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

Jan304 wrote:
Your last comment in your post is going way too far. If you read the forum you might know you have to TURN DEBUG ON. This has been said THOUSEND times, and then you DARE to behave like this... Sick behavior.

You might see this post as a flame or something, but, it isn't. So.

This is not nessessary at all. Your behavior is what should come into question, since your the one with the "Official Support" tag next to your name.

Next time try to be more objective and less harsh on the people you are supposed to be supporting. Your comments are not support, they just outright bashing and wholey unjustified.

Everything you say will reflect on you one way or another and not the person you so refutedly directed your rhetoric towards.

Please show more consideration in the future, or you may get your little badge revoked. I know I wouldn't want that kind of mouth representing my company or project...

DonXoop

I'll stay out of the arguing part...

True enough that the site works with one URL but you can enter with anything that gets you to the right server. You then get a redirect after the first link.

I'm a little confused about your added /www/ part. If that is ok for you and the site is configured for it ok. But a few tips:

Try to configure the backend so you don't need added directory name to get to the site initially.

Configure the server to allow all the variations domain.com, www.domain.com xxx.xxx.xxx.xx IP etc to hit the same place. The XOOPS config will take it from there.

For my server I do this: I configure a virtual server that answers to all the possible variations except the one configured in Xoops. That virtual server then simply does a redirect to the real one:

httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:80>
ServerName www.domain.com
ServerAlias test.domain.com private.otherdomain.com
Redirect /http://domain.com/
</VirtualHost>

This makes a cleaner look to the user. It also prevents some double logins that can happen when a user comes in with certain URLs. The real server is configured normally.

OnePay
  • 2004/1/25 21:50

• OnePay

• Just popping in

First: Stewdio, thanks for your words (sometimes these things should indeed be said publicly instead of PM-ed).

DonXoop, your solution is indeed the more correct way to setup a virtual server for this type of situations. However, I am still wanting to try to find the code that causes this error

PS: the /www/ part is because the next release of the site will be located at /www2/ and the next on /www3/ -- we do this so the old site remains live (to prevent linkrot, etc).

phppp
  • 2004/3/9 17:22

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

@OneWay

This is caused by module name extraction.
include/common.php
around LINE 255 (I have hacked this file and the line # might be wrong)

Quote:

$url_arr = explode('/', str_replace(str_replace('https: //', 'http: //', XOOPS_URL.'/modules/'), '', 'http: //'. $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_HOST'].$xoopsRequestUri));

I am trying to tackle it. Have not found an appropriate solution yet.

Any suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits