jack1234
access rights to images in modules directory
  • 2004/1/4 2:37

• jack1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hiya, this is probably some setting but I can't find anything about this in the Wiki;

I'm trying to include some simple html through a module (I tried a couple C-jay content, Freecontent) but they all have the problem that images (e.g.
Thanks,
Jack

CBlue
Re: access rights to images in modules directory

Hi Jack! Do you have link protection set up on your site?

You have to put the full url to the images and the images needs to be in the same content folder of the module as the html pages are but they can be in a subfolder of that content folder. I have no problem getting images to show up on my pages in my cjay content, free content and tiny content modules.

jack1234
  • 2004/1/4 3:35

• jack1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hi CBlue,

How do I check if I have link protection (I guess not, but is there some setting)

In the same directory doesn't work (even if I use the url for that image directly in my browser) - I DID figure out that it does include images but only if I include them in the 'images' directory of the module (which is somewhat odd and not really handy). Yet when I convert my .doc to html through word (yes I know it generates crap, but there arent any proper .doc or .rtf converters to html out there - I checked, I tried a dozen all either crash or create crap) it still doesn't show the images inlined in the doc (and the urls are the same there)

wierd eh?

Anway thanx for the reply.

Cheers,
Jack

DonXoop

You should also be able to create directory(s) of your choice off the root. I use /images and create from there. Then when I need an image I do a relative link like If the devs say I'm wrong doing that I'll listen. But it works for me where I've needed it.

As for converters, yuck. I never liked any of them, ever. A simple text editor is best really, but I'm old fashioned (and not an HTML guru). You can keep a browser window ready to reload the saved file for checking.

Login

Who's Online

814 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 814

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits