Bazus
Can't change 'Xoopsgallery's Album Permissions' as admin
  • 2004/1/3 1:07

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

somehow I lost control of the albums' permissions properties.

anyone same problem have any clue how to fix this?

the changes I make to the album doesn't take effect after presing 'save' in album permissions popup window.

help appreciated.

Bazus
Re: Can't change 'Xoopsgallery's Album Permissions' as admin
  • 2004/1/3 12:53

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

I could really use some help on this one

Still can't change album permissions. Should I instead install this XcGalley module? what extra features does this last module bring different from xoopsgallery module?

2 days so far

CBlue

Did you try updating your xoopsgallery module in module admin?

Personally, I plan on switching to a different gallery module. I am using xoopsgallery and have since I first opened my first XOOPS site but now after upgrading to 2.0.5.1, I have been experiencing some errors too with this module. So for me, I'm changing gallery modules.

DonXoop

Ditto on the Admin/Module/Update. I too had some strange things happen and after trying some other albums I came back to xoopsgallery. Make sure you have the latest 1.3.3.3 version as it fixed some issues. It is still behind the stand alone Gallery 1.4.1 version but I expect it to catch up soon.

Double check the directory permissions. I had one that wouldn't allow uploads and the permissions somehow went soft.

I'm trying to stay with xoopsgallery since I want to support his efforts.

I also found it rather simple to rebuild a broken album by starting over and copying the directories back and then doing the Module Admin functions to rebuild the db. Worked for me.

Bazus
  • 2004/1/3 18:50

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
I also found it rather simple to rebuild a broken album by starting over and copying the directories back and then doing the Module Admin functions to rebuild the db

You mean deleting the albums and recreating them? the problem right now it's that I can't delete any of the 2 albums I created, it doesn't allowed me. so I guess I will have to uninstall it.

I'll try the 'update' recommendation from cblue b4 uninstalling it.

DonXoop

If you have albums that do allow modification but not others that must be permissions for that directory. I had the same problem with only one album. Double check the nested directory, not just the main dir. Sometimes even the files themselves inside the album(s). Note that the file permissions are that of the web server and not the XOOPS user, even Admin.

Then do an Admin/Modules/Xoopsgallery/Checks. That might sync things up again.

Bazus
  • 2004/1/4 4:32

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

The only thing that worked was uninstalling and reinstalling it.

it works now so far, cross my gingers.

only thing I noticed it's that after login as the owner of the album and clicking on any picture and then on 'Photo properties' I get this error:

Error: Error 127 getting EXIF data

any clue what that means??

DonXoop

Check the settings and make sure you have the apps listed. If you don't have jhead.exe as listed then clear that line or correct it. jhead is what does EXIF.

I prefer ImageMagick over NetPBM myself. Turn debug(s) off until you need it for other problems. And make sure you have the chmod settings set as per readme.txt.

SirTanksAlot

CBlue,

Can you post what kind of problems your are having on the xoopsgallery site?

I'm trying to polish out some details but I'm not having any problems with XG1.3.3.3 and X2.0.5.1.

Or PM me with details or any postings or threads on this site that you feel are relavent.

taokrieger
  • 2004/1/24 4:40

• taokrieger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/29

I am having the permissions problem too. I've installed XoopsGallery for the first time - it is a fresh install - but I cannot get the permissions to work right. When I click to edit the permissions, I can change the users who have permission. Next time I click on permissions, the settings have been saved.

Nevertheless, when anyone accesses the module, they automatically have admin rights to every album.

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits