bigfanboy
My xoops went kaplooey
  • 2003/12/31 20:21

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/3 2

I've been running XOOPS 2.0.3 for a while working fine, when all of a sudden my site goes dead. I added a debuggin line ot the index.php page now I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/toddfamilyalbum.com/httpdocs/xoops/html/kernel/configitem.php on line 286

I'm not a php coder I'm a site admin.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Big

kevinv
Re: My xoops went kaplooey
  • 2003/12/31 20:39

• kevinv

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/1/4 1

I wonder if the file got corrupt somehow. Have you tried replacing the file from a clean download of 2.0.3?

bigfanboy
  • 2003/12/31 22:47

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

I've tried uploading a fresh index.php and a fresh configitem.php.

I'm also trying to upload a fresh complete copy, but ftp to my host 'globat' is going real slow and trying my patience. Also I'm not sure how I will be able to migrate my now not working site over as I have a fair amount info in the database. I'm hoping that if I point a fresh copy at the old database it should pick all the old stuff up.

the lines I added for debuggin are

ini_set('display_errors', true);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Can anyone point me at something else I could be doing?

Thanks

Big

bigfanboy
  • 2003/12/31 22:49

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

I wanted to add that it takes a very long time for the errot o show. I'm wondering of the database server my host is giving me is over burdened. Anything I can do to check?

Thanks

Big

If you want to see for yourself

http://www.toddfamilyalbum.com/xoops/html/

YourHelp
  • 2003/12/31 23:26

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Quote:
in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/toddfamilyalbum.com/httpdocs/xoops/html/kernel/configitem.php on line 286

This error for memory is caused when you change your database settings or password have you changed these recently ? If so check that your mainfile.php open it with notepad or something a word editor and make sure that your password and settings are correct in that file and lead it to your database.

YH

CBlue

It could also be a problem with your server. If you are having your site hosted, check with them to see if they did anything to the server recently.

bigfanboy
  • 2004/1/1 17:19

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

They've changed a ton of things, which I keep pointing to, but they won't give me the help I need.

Globat give you 2gig for $7.50, but as I keep telling them what good does all that space do if I can't use it.

The note about it coming from the database makes sense to me. I'll travel down that road for now.

Thanks

Hopefully I won't be back for this problem accept to say I fixed it an how.

Big

Herko
  • 2004/1/1 19:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The problem you dexcribe is that XOOPS can't contact the database server. It has timed out, or the database server is dead. Contact your hosting provider.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits