ladysham
Trouble Posting to Forum
  • 2003/12/27 20:51

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I have a person that is going to help me moderate my forums. However, she is having all kinds of problems with access to the site. I had to register her because she could not get registered, then she couldn't update her profile.

Now, she's trying to post to the forum and she gets this error:

could not insert forum post

She had problems with seeing something on her old site and had to uninstall and reinstall Norton's. Now, the only place she appears to have problems continues to be my XOOPS site. Any ideas? Anyone else have issues like this?

The site in question ishttp://www.christianwahm.com

Thanks for any help or insight!

Kelly Ling

DonXoop
Re: Trouble Posting to Forum

Assuming that she can post from another computer than it is something on her machine and not the system. I say that Norton thing whatever it is is in the way. Configure it to allow what the X needs, cookies etc.

Bandare
  • 2003/12/30 20:44

• Bandare

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I have exactly the same problem........ It's a norton firewall issue.....

the odd thing is I can do everything with norton enabled on every other forum I use, apart from xoops. XOOPS must use a different port or something to access their sites and forums and admin sections. If I knew what it was, I could post without having to disable my firewall.......

Most other people are having the same problem as me on my test site and they use norton so any help would be great pls.....

GadgetMn
  • 2003/12/30 20:57

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

All,

This has been causing me grief today also. Thanks to some knowledgable members I got the answer I needed. There's all the information you need here.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13676&forum=21#forumpost55078

Cheers,

GadgetMn

Bandare
  • 2003/12/30 22:09

• Bandare

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits