pstrasma
Unable to edit or delete user profiles from user details view
  • 2003/12/25 7:41

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

When viewing user details from userinfo.php as an admin, the edit profile & delete user buttons do not work.

This seems to be due to an error in the system_userinfo.html template, which only writes the line 3 <form name="usernav" action="user.php" method="post"> tag if the viewing the user's own page. The elseif used to check if the viewer is an admin does not have a <form> tag.

I have corrected this by modifying the line 23 <{elseif $xoops_isadmin != false> and adding another form statement as follows:
<{if $user_ownpage != true && $xoops_isadmin != false}>
<
form name="usernav" action="user.php" method="post">

On a similar note, after fixing this I noticed that if an admin edits another user's profile, the admin userid is automatically entered into the nickname field on the update user form. Unfortunately, I have no solution to suggest for this bug.

IMHO, it probably adds needless complexity to have all these editing and account management functions on a viewing page. The Avatar upload function should just go in with the rest of the profile editing on in edituser.php. The delete user function can also go on that screen. The Inbox,

AAINC
Re: Unable to edit or delete user profiles from user details view
  • 2003/12/25 14:30

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

I do/have not had this problem, everything works fine.
Admin can change all users info, or delete by either clicking on username or going through Control Panel.
User can change all their info.

AAINC

CBlue

I've had no problem editing user accounts either. All I do is click on edit users in the system admin and there is a drop down menu where I choose their name and can edit everything there. As for editing their avatars, I just go to the my modified members list and click on their name then click on the avatar button.

pstrasma
  • 2003/12/26 0:12

• pstrasma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/23

This problem only exists on the specific page I mentioned--viewing profile details (reached by clicking on username from member search results). Admin interface and search results links both work normally.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits