dhansen
REPOST: Admin Module Javascript Runtime Error: Object Required
  • 2003/12/25 6:12

• dhansen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

(Apologies for the repost, but I am really tearing my hair out over this. I have noticed that it only seems to appear in my Win XP Pro environment but not on an older Win98SE box. JS seems to work fine otherwise in IE. I have not reposted the full, original message with a phpinfo dump included. That is athttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14664&forum=7#forumpost60185)

I get a JS error (Runtime error referencing line 25) each time an admin module page displays. This APPEARS to be harmless -- functionality is unimpaired -- but it is consistent for every page in the admin ui that I have seen.

I have seen other posts on this but no responses that I have been able to locate. Probably too obvious to warrant comment, but I am still scratching my head after poking around for quite a while.

Environment/debug info follows.

Specfic error message:

Error: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?
Line: 25
Error: Object required

Line: 26
Char: 3
Error: Object required
Code: 0
URL:http://<mysite>/modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets

Client: MS Win XP Pro
MSIE Version 6.00.2800.1106.xpsp2.021108-1929

From a View Source of the rendered HTML page exhibiting the problem:

17: <script type='text/javascript'>
18: <!--
19: function popUpL1() {
20: shutdown();
21: popUp("L1",true);
22: }
23: function popUpL16() {
24: shutdown();
25: popUp("L16",true);
26: }

CBlue
Re: REPOST: Admin Module Javascript Runtime Error: Object Required

URL:http://<mysite>/modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets

That's the template manager page in system admin. Have you checked your MySQL database in phpMyAdmin? Click on the link that says tplset in your database and see if that table needs repairing. Also check the other template tables named, tplfile and tplsource.

dhansen
  • 2003/12/26 3:41

• dhansen

• Just popping in

I checked -- no notes of anything awry -- but I ran a repair on all three tables anyway. Doesn't help.

What's odd is that the behavior isn't consistent. I'll click on the System admin button and get the "matrix-type" menu with no prob. Then click the Downloads button, get the error, click on the System button again, and this time get the error.

Dan

CBlue

If no one seems to have the answer to fix this, dhansen and this error is not affecting your use of the admins, then you may just have to ignore it until a new version of XOOPS is available. I have a bug with cjay content that didn't show up before and now does. I get a chmod error (the file is set at 777) at the top of my cjaycontent editor.php page. Yet, I still can write pages, delete and edit pages there anyway with no problems.

dhansen
  • 2003/12/26 16:24

• dhansen

• Just popping in

I pretty much figured that -- it just that I may be using XOOPS to deliver sites that my clients will need to manage, and THEY will have to cope with this error. I can handle it myself; I'm just not eager to have my clients have to see something like this. My guess is that I'm doing something really dumb somewhere and just not seeing it. Hoped that someone a little less thick than me might be able to point out the obvious!

Dan

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits