jhonrath
Free form html
  • 2003/12/24 1:35

• jhonrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/20

I have a question. I want to use XOOPS for a customer site because he wants forums and a couple of other things. I think there is great value in not having customers sign on multiple times for different scripts.

But I have a question. Is there a way for me to have a few free form pages with a menu on the left for them. Or am I locked into the modules here. In other words......

If I want a forum, and news. But I want one page that is html like an 'about us' page. And another page that has info for our auto dealer customers, and another that has dates and times of our auctions. etc. Can I make a few free form pages, and include their links in the menu?????

If not sticking to html would be my option. THANX!!!

CBlue
Re: Free form html

Copied from another topic I posted this in...

Here are the includes you need to add to your html pages of your site, plus you have to save those pages as php.

include('mainfile.php');
include('header.php');
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] = 1;
?>

Put the above at the top of your page before the first

include('footer.php');
?>

Put the above at the very end of your page after

Then save the page as php, the pages need to be in the same folder as the xoops.

If you want to include pages that are already php ones, just put in the top includes with the php tags under your first .

CBlue

Then you can add the links manually into your main menu or even create your own custom menu in a custom block in blocks admin. To manually include the links in main menu, go to system admin > templates and click on the list link in the system template. Then add the links in this file: system_block_mainmenu.html.

But if you only have the default template in your template section, you need to clone it by clicking the clone link and renaming it to whatever you want. Save and edit the file I named above.

jhonrath
  • 2003/12/24 2:34

• jhonrath

• Just popping in

WOW guys thanks. That seems reall cool. I actually am gonna redo a site I did for a customer in the past that stinks. The bad thing was having each customer register for forums and again for the shopping cart. Hopefully this will do away with the need for multi-registrations.

As long as I find a suitable shopping cart script to hook up to this. And learn a little php.

I currently am an amateur jsp and asp.net!!! programmer.

With a long background in IBM procedural mainframe languages (rpg and cobol). So it shouldn't be toooo bad.

Thanks for the killer quick response. That isn't hard at all.

One more question. Are these 'template' things only for xoops? I don't remember seeing when I was demoing the nukes?? But i'm not 100% sure.

CBlue

I've used phpnuke and it doesn't have templates like xoops. There may be a XOOPS module or two that has a shopping cart but you can most likely just intregrate a cgi or php shopping cart into your XOOPS site.

jhonrath
  • 2003/12/24 4:16

• jhonrath

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info CBLUE But if I put those things
include('mainfile.php');
include('header.php');
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] = 1;
?>

include('footer.php');
?>
, will it include the blocks on the side, the menus etc? Will it integrate well with my other XOOPS pages?
I was thinking of making the page use all of the normal blocks, etc, but ONLY put my content in the middle.

I guess since I have never installed and played with XOOPS it's hard, since I don't understand the concepts. But there is no manual I can find.

Login

Who's Online

294 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 294

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits