munchcra
Donate problem
  • 2003/12/23 23:25

• munchcra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

I installed the donate module and it's giving me a wrong email address error?
http://www.northoftoronto.com

inferno
Re: Donate problem
  • 2003/12/24 10:29

• inferno

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

why bother? are there any advantages doing that over making you own box with a paypal button or a wishlist from somewhere?

DonXoop

What module is it? I don't see a donate module here. Most seem to use paypal.

More info please, it might be a simple config issue but I don't know the module.

As for your other modules, did you have to do some hacking to make MyAds work? I'm finding many many things to fix just to get it to the config screens but it still isn't right. It appears to be for older systems with less than ideal server configs. "<?" vs "<?php" being just one issue.

Quote:

munchcra wrote:
I installed the donate module and it's giving me a wrong email address error?
http://www.northoftoronto.com

CBlue

<? is for newest versions of PHP and <?php is for the older versions of PHP. That's what I read on a php site anyway. If you are using the latest version of PHP on your server, you don't need to add the word php to your opening tags.

DonXoop

It might be the other way around, can't remember. However, it can be set in php.ini.

I can set that one to On. But register_globals the wrong way bothers me though.

Quote:
; Allow the <? tag. Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
short_open_tag = Off

Dave_L
  • 2003/12/24 14:51

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

It's best to use "<?php" instead of "<?". Then it doesn't matter whether short_open_tag is enabled in php.ini.

DonXoop

Cripes, globals On and short form tag On and it now works. I'll have to fix that before putting the module live. Good enough to check it out though. Thanks, I thought I had found all the tags and globals Off incompatibles but one must be hiding somewhere.

DonXoop

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
It's best to use "<?php" instead of "<?". Then it doesn't matter whether short_open_tag is enabled in php.ini.

Yes, that was my point. I'd rather keep the backend options and security options narrow. Once I get it set-up I'll turn things back to where I like them and then find the bugs.

I found about 20 <? tags in this one. Found one in another module yesterday that was making me crazy. Luckily that was the only problem with that module.

CBlue

You're right, the <?php should be used in all php pages just to make the pages compatible for every version of php. I was just stating that I read you can have just <? as your opening php tag if you are using the latest version of php on your server.

DonXoop

But only if you set the short_tags option on. By default it is off I believe. At least I feel it should be. Less chance of a mistaken <? tag meant for other reasons making it blow up.

I had forgotten all about this tag and was banging my head trying to get some modules to work properly.

I've seen sites with mystery code appearing because of that. But it is fun to see a site's SQL (MS SQL is famous for this) when I'm sure I shouldn't be seeing it. :)

Bottom line is that I'm having better luck with certain modules by setting security options lower than I'd like. Then I'll set things where they should and if I can't make it work it goes into /dev/null

Let's hope you get a freak cold snap in SC and it snows 30cm down there. Opps, 1 foot in Yankee speak. Oops again, Yankee is north of DC if you live in America. Opps, oops again, America is much more than the U.S. if you live elsewhere. I meant U.S.A. Funny how language works..

merry merry

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits