zer0fill
re-arrange admin menus?
  • 2003/12/21 8:44

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

is there a way to re-arrange the admin menus or at least keep system at the top?

svaha
Re: re-arrange admin menus?
  • 2003/12/21 9:41

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Go to admin menu, choose to change modules.
Here you can change the order of the modules. 0 means don't show the module.
I use increments of 10 so I can later easily fit in a new module, without having to renumber all modules

Aloha

zer0fill
  • 2003/12/21 9:48

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

thanks, but that seems to re-order it in the main menu (user side), i was referring to the admin side w/ those orange menus

svaha
  • 2003/12/21 10:27

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Ok, I can't see that because most of my modules are set to 0 (invisible) so it is a mess anyway.
I found a temporary solution for this by installing the menu block of blockies.
I made this only visible to me. It give a submenu whenever I go 'into' a module and also a link to the admin part of the module.
So when I'm working on a module, I just have to click on the admin link and I'm in.

Aloha

DonXoop

Quote:

zer0fill wrote:
is there a way to re-arrange the admin menus or at least keep system at the top?

The System module should always be at the top. I had a newly installed module appear above System after the routine hung for a while at install time. I then had other problems and decided to uninstall the module and then reinstall. This time the module appeared as it should, below System.

I still have problems with approving comments and "ERROR: requested index [] out of bounds" errors here and there. You should check the comments system and make sure nothing is wrong, I'd be very interested in hearing if we have the same problems. It might help tracking down the source of these problems.

I would suggest uninstalling the module showing above System if you can and trying it again.

CBlue

To get your system icon back to the top of your system admin page, after installing new modules...go to groups admin and update the webmasters, registered users and anonymous groups. That should fix the problem.

zer0fill
  • 2003/12/21 20:10

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

DonXoop:
I get
Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in d:domains<domain>.compublic_htmlxoopsincludecomment_post.php on line 41
when trying to go to admin > system > comments > edit existing > submit. however it doesn't give an error when replying or editing comments from the news area. to make matters worse, it only displays the latest comment; anyone that wrote a comment before is as if they were never there. though the admin comment area shows the previous posts.

I'll try uninstalling, reinstalling the module after backing up the data.

CBlue:
I went though all my groups (admin > system > groups > modify > {group name} > update group, but it didn't seem to push the system module to the top.

fwiw: apache 1.3x, php 4.3.2, MySQL 3.23.49 (windows xp pro, all critical patches; private local testing machine)

zer0fill
  • 2003/12/21 20:20

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

i uninstalled/reinstalled and it's at the bottom of the list. but i still get
Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in d:domains<domain>.compublic_htmlxoopsincludecomment_post.php on line 41
when editing via admin menu.

i think the reason it looked like the newest post was the only post was because it was in "threaded" mode

DonXoop

ok, I think we have a common problem that shows itself differently because of different OS's (I run Linux). This might actually help us figure what went wrong.

I think that sometime during a module install something went slightly corrupt and is causing the comments approval to act strangely. I too have better luck with News comments. Try comments from xoopsgallery if you have it. That one is more trouble than from News.

I don't think it is a major problem in the modules themselves but a problem in the db at some point during an Admin function.

Good luck.

zer0fill
  • 2003/12/21 20:25

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

it might be because of
// file: d:domains<domain>.compublic_htmlxoopsincludecomment_post.php 
$comment =& $comment_handler->get($com_id); // line ~39
i don't see $com_id getting initialized.

[edit]
OH NO!!! XOOPS is using
register_globals on
?

i added
// file: d:domains<domain>.compublic_htmlxoopsincludecomment_post.php 

$com_id $_POST['com_id']; // line ~37
and it started working fine.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits