npalokan
Nothing works,,, help !!
  • 2003/12/20 9:19

• npalokan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/20

I have a major problem. I have installed xoops, at the beginning it works fine, i moved some blocks to right side of page and install polls, when i was trying to install news it says that cannot create folder etc... and i even cannot do any changes, even in my own profile, nothing goes to database. ??

wammes
Re: Nothing works,,, help !!
  • 2003/12/20 9:22

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

To me it sounds like you have reached your maximum disk quota. I've had this problem too. I created some free space on my account, updates some modules and everything went fine again.

npalokan
  • 2003/12/20 9:29

• npalokan

• Just popping in

I've cleaned up some space, there's over 20 megas free space now, but still doesn't work. Other MySQL systems works fine.

i try to install it again but it doesn't work. what is problem ? I guess i don't have register globals on, i can't even turn it on because not my own server... is that the problem ?

wammes
  • 2003/12/20 12:21

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

Xoops should work with register globals off. I have no idea what your problem could be. Post some more details. Site url, webserver information.
If you drop all the XOOPS tables and delete all the XOOPS files and completely upload it again and run a fresh install, and you still cannot install xoops, it has to be something with your webserver configuration. Did you properly chmod all the files and directries?

npalokan
  • 2003/12/20 15:58

• npalokan

• Just popping in

i removed my old XOOPS first, i mean everything also all MySQL things. Then i installed it again to my websitehttp://www.nettinurkkaus.com/main/html , i've checked all passwords and settings many times but it doesnt work.
server uses apache, MySQL 3.23.54, php 4.3.4,,, global registers off.

wammes
  • 2003/12/22 16:47

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

Getting a 404 error on your page.

Well, if XOOPS installs without any errors, I assume you have every permission set correctly. Xoops2 should work with globals off. Your php and MySQL versions are okay. So I can't see any problems from here.
Maybe some module (not a core module) you've installed doesn't work with globals off...
Maybe someone else can help him/her??

CBlue

It sounds like a server problem to me. Contact your webhost provider's support team and ask them what's wrong with your database. It could be something on their end that needs to be fixed.

npalokan
  • 2003/12/23 8:28

• npalokan

• Just popping in

no errors in installation, permissions OK,,, everything is ok, but still doesn't work. So i get PHP-nuke and installed it. It works. Good bye Xoops.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits