Anonymous
recipe module
  • 2003/12/18 22:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Can anyone know of a recipe module for xoops? I have seen them on various CMS but now that I have Xoops...I dont want to go anywhere else.

Thank You
catherine

carnuke
Re: recipe module
  • 2003/12/19 1:03

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Catherine,

I have just done a quick search on this site and Google, but not seen a recipe module. Thinking about it, this would be a really useful adition to the modules collection, So I hope someone might consider developing it. Unless someone else knows of one, you are left with utilising another module.

If I were doing this, I would use WF sections. Set up categories for the various groups of recipes if you require this. Now create a template for your recipe page. Method, ingredients etc You could also include a picture place holder. Create a new article (recipe) in WF-section admin and insert the template into the editor window. Fill in all your details and save the recipe in the appropriate category. WF-sections allows plenty of options for displaying reader ratings, comments, plus article (recipe)information.

It's not quite a plug and play recipe module, but the end result would look very presentable.

Other content modules may also offer similar options. This is just one I happen to know.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to seeing your site when the recipes are up!

Richard

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/19 2:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

Bummer on the recipe module. However, I do appreciate your suggestions. I am not familiar with WFSections or even what any of the "Section" modules do exactly.

I have only been using this app for a few days. I am already obessed with it and trying to get different customizations. I came from another CMS that I also loved but wouldn't work with my server and long story short, I fell into this XOOPS and now I LOVE it!

So, I will see what I can come up with

Thanks!
Catherine

WarDick
  • 2003/12/19 4:17

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Why not use the news module? It has a great submit system. Comments. Archive. Search. and on and on. You can customize the display. Or what about the forum. Or why not weblog. Or piCal use your imagination.

Good Luck
Its a great system!

schipper
  • 2003/12/28 11:36

• schipper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/5 7

For a new site I'm starting with I decided to use C-Jay Content for my recipes. However, I too like to see a "real" recipe module for XOOPS instead of using other modules for it.

CBlue

Other people have used the mylinks module to create new modules with, such as the Addresses module and the MyAds module. Maybe the links module could be altered to create a recipe module with too. It's just the fields and text boxes and the language files that would need to be changed and users can submit.

AAINC
  • 2003/12/28 15:34

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

I have a couple client sites still running phpnuke,and on one i am running the recipe mod for phpnuke.
download here:
http://phpnuke.visayas.dk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

view here:
http://phpnuke.visayas.dk/modules.php?name=Recipes

above links to developer site of the phpnuke recipe module

someone port it over?

schipper
  • 2004/1/21 12:30

• schipper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/5 7

Any news here? Willing to translate in Dutch when ready

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits