fbasbas
Menu links do not work when in webmaster group
  • 2003/12/15 15:29

• fbasbas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

A number of the links in the mainmenu do not work - a blank page with a dropdown box shows up. This happens when I'm logged on as webmaster. What is happening?

This shows up after I turned debug on:

NoticeUndefined offset3 in /home/fbasbas/public_html/modules/topics_blocks/blocks/b_lykos_blocks_latest.php on line 30

I would certainly appreciate your help.

CBlue
Re: Menu links do not work when in webmaster group

Have you altered your main menu in any way?

fbasbas
  • 2003/12/15 19:29

• fbasbas

• Just popping in

thanks for responding...i did not touch the main menu - did not change any code - i was installing a new module - myguestbook. i've fiddling around and found that the links do not also work when i log on as registered user. since then, i have tried to uninstall the chat module, which wasn't working in the first place, because it showed up notices when i threw the debug mode on.

the links still do not work (the problem is not limited to the main menu, by the way) and this shows up when i open the main page:

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fbasbas/public_html/include/notification_functions.php on line 330

i do not know much about php but that seems to me to be another potential problem. anyway, i'd like to see the links working again for all users.

what can the problem be?

fbasbas
  • 2003/12/16 2:19

• fbasbas

• Just popping in

still no luck. i'm groping blindly here.

has anybody experienced similar problems before? I've looked around in the forums, none that I have seen seems to be helpful so far. i'll look some more.

should i reinstall? it's a prospect i do not welcome but might do as a last resort. thanks to the guys of xoops.

fbasbas
  • 2003/12/16 20:59

• fbasbas

• Just popping in

well, i gave up after fiddling around and did a reinstall. First, i dropped all tables, uploaded xoops, overwriting existing files. and very carefully this time, started all over. it helped that i was able to back up some of the db files via phpmyadmin and that i had a working copy of XOOPS on my own pc server.

i do not know what went wrong. it could have been a real bug or it might have been just some file getting corrupted on upload. at any rate, the site's up again. this certainly is a lot of work.

CBlue

Yes, sometimes it can be alot of work. Sorry that I didn't get back to you in time! You could have tried to just reupload the notification.php file instead if that was the file that showed the warning or error in it.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits