4degrees
Right column
  • 2003/12/9 3:33

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

Hey,

Ok I am doing well skinning my site but I want it to look more like a community. I know that XOOPS is fairly dynamic and I can incorporate practically anything I design, but how do I get the right column in?

Also how would I get it so the poll would be there? Just the question and options then when they submit it brings up a small diagram instead of the big full content space width?

EDIT// I would also like to know how to add a style to my input boxes (ie. login form) I know the CSS to do it, but how would I apply it to each and every input form and drop down option menu?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Paul

CBlue
Re: Right column

Quote:

4degrees wrote:
Hey,

Ok I am doing well skinning my site but I want it to look more like a community. I know that XOOPS is fairly dynamic and I can incorporate practically anything I design, but how do I get the right column in?

Right column in your theme.html file? Or the blocks admin where you change a block's to left, right, center, center-left and center-right?

DonXoop

If you make a copy of the theme directory you like as a start and work from there you can do what you want. The theme.html file holds the general structure and the .css file(s) for the rest. You should see the right column etc sections.

After you make a copy go into Admin/Prefs and select your new theme as a selectable theme or as default and you can modify away.

For code that isn't in the themes you can look at a page source and find the areas like forms etc. and you can see the style being applied from the core. Do your tricks in the theme .css file and away you go.

4degrees
  • 2003/12/9 17:53

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

You've misunderstood what I want. I want a CSS on ALL the form fields which would be as follows;

background-color: AB5D3F; border-color: CC633A; border-style: solid; border-width: 1; color: FFB192; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial;

The form fields are NOT in a class already, just the tables they are in. How would i make it so every form installed through a module has one without having to edit files manually, or is this not a feature on XOOPS yet?

Thanks for the column / theme information I'll try that as soon as I get a chance :)

Paul

studioC
  • 2003/12/9 18:12

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello 4degrees...

even if there is no class specified for the form fields all form fields [wich have no seperate class] will take effect
if yo use ...
input,option,select{}
textarea {}

in some templatesets classes like
.formTextBox
.formButton or
input.formButton
input.form are in use, so have a look a it.... in your actual themefolder and there the style.css

hope, this will help [?]
from GERMANY,
michael

4degrees
  • 2003/12/9 18:37

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

Hey,

Yea I see those, thanks a lot for pointing that bit out to me :)

Paul

4degrees
  • 2003/12/9 20:16

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

I added it in, but no effect has taken place?

input.formButton {background-color: AB5D3F; border-color: CC633A; border-style: solid; border-width: 1; color: FFB192; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial;}

input.formButton {} was the original one. If what you say about it taking the class automatically it's not working. :( Can anyone write the code I would use including my style;

input.formButton {background-color: AB5D3F; border-color: CC633A; border-style: solid; border-width: 1; color: FFB192; font-size: 10px; font-family: arial;}

for me please? I really appreciate anyone who can do this for me.

Thanks,
Paul

CBlue

Below is the form css code for the style.css file that I have with one of my themes. You could change the styles to what you want and add this to your style.css for your theme at the end of the page.

textarea {
border-top: #999999 1px solid;
border-left: #999999 1px solid;
border-right: #666666 1px solid;
border-bottom: #666666 1px solid;
background: #ffffff;
font-size: 10px;
}
input{
}
select {
}

4degrees
  • 2003/12/9 22:17

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

Hey, thans a lot for that CBlue I appreciate it :)

4degrees
  • 2003/12/9 22:27

• 4degrees

• Just popping in

Quote:
Right column in your theme.html file? Or the blocks admin where you change a block's to left, right, center, center-left and center-right?

I would like to change the blocks to left, right, center-left and center-right. Not the theme file ...

Thanks,
paul

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits