jerry_sh
When I installed xoops2 on my local machine, why I cann't access any module except the admin tools?
  • 2003/12/8 10:43

• jerry_sh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

Installed on apache, when I tryed to visit any module I installed, only news, forum and download, it said that I haven't the right to access the module even when I have the system admin?
Why, I not used the banned by id.

Herko
Re: When I installed xoops2 on my local machine, why I cann't access any module except the admin too
  • 2003/12/8 10:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Are you logged in on your site, with the admin account you created when you installed XOOPS? Do you have a firewall software that may be blocking your coockie, preventing you from logging in properly?

Herko

jerry_sh
Re: When I installed xoops2 on my local machine, why I cann't access any module except the admin too
  • 2003/12/8 11:01

• jerry_sh

• Just popping in

A NAKED local machine, without any firewalls or anti-virsus softwares just a nake machine, the only thing is the apache was a boundled software with PHP and Mysql. I have four Virtual sites on the machine, 80 the apache test site, 8000 the php test site, 9000 my PHPNuke test site, 9001 the XOOPS test site the only thing I do to the apache is built the four virtual sites and expose it to myself, the PHPNuke Site is OK, what I do to the XOOPS is the same ast I do to the PHPNuke: Just installed it, the strange thing is the PhpNUKE site is OK, I don't like it, ugly. But when I try to visit my XOOPS site on my local site, I haven't the right to access it.(I think even I have the firewall it is not the proplem, Indeed, I visit it from local machine.)

Herko
  • 2003/12/8 11:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Have you chmodded the cache, templates_c and uploads folders?

Again, are you sure you're using the admin account? Do you get any message when you log in? Is the login screen showing when you're logged in?

Herko

jerry_sh
  • 2003/12/8 13:32

• jerry_sh

• Just popping in

I am sure I have logged in as system admin, for I can install new modules, and had can see them on my web page's left margin,
I just can not accessed, when I try to access it, it sayes that apache bannes me to it, for I haven't the right.
And: the forum modules for example I give the right to everyboy post and access. And in the admin tools I access the admin tools and give the not logged person the right to access the forum, the news and the downloads, the only three modules installed, so the registed customers and the webadmins also have the right to access them. Saved and reboot the apache, but when I access the forum as an un logged person or the sys admin I cann't access it.

My site is on the win2000server. So I cannot chmod it. The Only thing I do is drop the install folder and the change a file to read-only as inform by the site after install.

I will paste the words the apache gives me afterwards.
and my apache config.

ackbarr

When trying to view the forums, downloads, or news, does the url still include the port number?
Quote:

I just can not accessed, when I try to access it, it sayes that apache bannes me to it, for I haven't the right.

This sounds like a configuration error in your apache config, try checking the apache error log. If that doesn't provide any useful errors turn on PHP debugging for XOOPS in "System" -> "Preferences" -> "General Settings".

jerry_sh
  • 2003/12/9 3:06

• jerry_sh

• Just popping in

I have configed "groups"
in the "System" -> "Preferences" -> "General Settings" what is the right point to config the access right?

I will try as you informed me, thanks very much.

jerry_sh
  • 2003/12/11 12:36

• jerry_sh

• Just popping in

I got it!
When I install XOOPS in the apache virtual machine I set admin.php as the homepage of my site, this set was do as the PhpNuke, but in XOOPS it is wrong, I should set the homepage as index.php. If set the admin.php, one should have the right to access the admin moudle, so you will have the right problem.

poolchld
Re: When I installed xoops2 on my local machine, why I cann't access any module except the admin tools?
  • 2003/12/11 12:53

• poolchld

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/11

I am in even worse shape. The modules arent installed except news. When I try to intall them, I get a message that this has to be done on the server.

Would a fresh install work best?

svaha
Re: When I installed xoops2 on my local machine, why I cann't access any module except the admin tools?
  • 2003/12/13 23:27

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I've installed Xamp on a win2000 computer.
At first I had some problems because some modules did not work. I found out that ALL files where set as read only. This can give some unpredictable results.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits