javier
Re: Block positioning question?
  • 2003/12/13 23:16

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

Quote:
One suggestion would be to enable the definition of custom block locations. In the site prefrences somewhere I could add names for custom block locations. Then in my main theme.html I could define any location I want that block to show up in.

Then locations like center, left, right ect would just be the default custom block locations.

that´s a very cool idea, the XOOPS sites would be very flexible and customizable in these way, i like it :)
way to go.

sorry for my bad english ;)

bassyard
  • 2003/12/25 16:05

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/5

Is it possible to add block (eq. latest news or downloads) in a custom block, then you can put 2 blocks next to each other...

Or am I wrong?

bassyard
  • 2003/12/26 5:03

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

anyone with an awnser?

CBlue

That should be possible, bassyard, if you use the exact code in the original blocks and put them in table format. I haven't tried this myself, but it's worth checking out to see if it is possible. You could put two blocks into one center block that way.

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/26 17:47

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

All:

Here's a little workaround that gives you some more flexibility than the way XOOPS works right now. I mean, if you really need to have half-width blocks above and below the main module content.

The trick is to use a block contained in the module incblocks, produced by the now defunct Inconnue Team (sigh). Luckily, the module is part of the collection made available by the Brazilian XOOPS team.

This module has a block called triblocks, that essentially lets you configure a block to have one, two or three columns, handled by a template.

The downside is that since this is contained in a block, you'll still have a block's title. But for some purposes you can take advantage of it.

See a sample in the lower part of Punto flotante, one of my mostly abandoned sites (sigh sigh).

Cheers.

CBlue

Thanks hsalazar! I have incblocks but I didn't notice the triblocks! Phpnuke has a version of having more than one block within a center block too but I didn't know we had something like that with xoops. I should have looked at everything that came with my incblocks!

bassyard
  • 2003/12/26 19:07

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
by CBlue on 2003/12/26 16:32:22

That should be possible, bassyard, if you use the exact code in the original blocks and put them in table format. I haven't tried this myself, but it's worth checking out to see if it is possible. You could put two blocks into one center block that way.

I tried it earlier but it did not work
But thanx for the reply

Quote:
The trick is to use a block contained in the module incblocks, produced by the now defunct Inconnue Team (sigh). Luckily, the module is part of the collection made available by the Brazilian XOOPS team.

This module has a block called triblocks, that essentially lets you configure a block to have one, two or three columns, handled by a template.

Will check it out thanx

bassyard
  • 2003/12/26 20:04

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

Nice one! that's what I need! and it works fine, except for 1 little thingy: Would it be possible to set it to 2 collums instead of 3?

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/26 23:56

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

bassyard:

Actually, it is rather easy, as you can see in the example site I posted, where I have just two columns.

Cheers.

bassyard
  • 2003/12/27 0:37

• bassyard

• Not too shy to talk

I've noticed it, but is there a setting that I'm missing, because I've got to choose 3 collums, and I can't set one collum blank or something like that

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits