djsckizo
Note to Self: Important Xoops Information
  • 2003/12/6 1:03

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

1. When it says delete 'install' folder, do not delete 'includes' folder.

2. Erasing mainfile.php will only help the site stop working.

3. Read the instructions for the mod before complaining about it not working.

You guys ever do something dumb with xoops? Share.

CBlue
Re: Note to Self: Important Xoops Information

Putting the wrong database username and password for your installation of XOOPS can guarantee a blank page.

Mithrandir

hehe - love this thread

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 3:21

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
CBlue wrote:
Putting the wrong database username and password for your installation of XOOPS can guarantee a blank page.

So can installing a new version but connecting to an old database without making sure you have also copied the theme over as well.

tom
  • 2003/12/6 4:17

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I've made some minor changes to a some scripts for a module, opened my FTP prog for upload, it's auto loaded into the server folder I was last on, then clicked the upload, now sometimes your lucky and it won't over write anything because the file name is different, but if you have the settings to auto over wright or you still click the yes button anyway and you get one of your main files over written or better still you run two or more sites and upload the wrong mainfile.php because you made some password changes, well then you get some wierd things happening.

CBlue

I've edited a theme.html file and then accidently uploaded it into the wrong theme folder. As a matter of fact, I've done this twice now recently.

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 6:42

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
I've edited a theme.html file and then accidently uploaded it into the wrong theme folder. As a matter of fact, I've done this twice now recently.

I don't think I can count how many times I've done that or uploaded a file with the same name into the wrong folder.

AAINC
  • 2003/12/6 6:42

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Recoded Nukescripts.net member paypal block to sorta work with Xoops.
It was connecting to PayPal and using the IPN. It actually added members to specific groups....it was working.
Anyways I was trying to change it over to use the smarty templates and made a mess, a big mess of things.......and then realised that I did not backup the original files.......lost......poof.....gone....back to square one.
Not gonna play with til I figure out this smarty thing.

BACKUP.......BACKUP......BACKUP

PEACE
AAINC

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 6:57

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

AAINC wrote:

Recoded Nukescripts.net member paypal block to sorta work with Xoops.
It was connecting to PayPal and using the IPN. It actually added members to specific groups....it was working.
Anyways I was trying to change it over to use the smarty templates and made a mess, a big mess of things.......and then realised that I did not backup the original files.......lost......poof.....gone....back to square one.
Not gonna play with til I figure out this smarty thing.

BACKUP.......BACKUP......BACKUP

PEACE
AAINC

Another reason I don't code things. I'm lucky enough to not crash a server in Alaska just by checking my email.

CBlue

Backup is definitely important! Always backup the files you plan on editing before you start editing them.

It's a pain to have to download something again just to retrieve one file and restore it.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits