RicoCali
Error: Could not open lock file
  • 2003/12/5 20:04

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/29

I just started to create my first xoopsgallery album and get an error below. I have the directories all to chmod 777 but still getting this error...any ideas?

Error: Could not open lock file (/portal/xoops-2.0.5.1/html/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album01/photos.dat.lock)!Error: Could not open lock file (/portal/xoops-2.0.5.1/html/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album01/album.dat.lock)!Error: Could not open lock file (/portal/xoops-2.0.5.1/html/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/albumdb.dat.lock)!

CBlue
Re: Error: Could not open lock file

Go to your system admin and click on the preferences link from the gallery module icon. Look for this option:

Use flock()?

Gallery uses a locking system called flock() for added protection against data corruption. This is not supported on all platforms. If you're seeing errors like Could not acquire lock then set this value to no

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 8:32

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

When I installed the Invisionboard mod and copied the data from my old ib board into the mod version, it did the same thing the first time around but didn't the second time around (yes I screwed something up of course and had to do it over lol).

RicoCali
  • 2003/12/6 17:11

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Go to your system admin and click on the preferences link from the gallery module icon. Look for this option:

Use flock()?

Gallery uses a locking system called flock() for added protection against data corruption. This is not supported on all platforms. If you're seeing errors like Could not acquire lock then set this value to no

I owe you a beer (if it works)....

CBlue

So...did it work! I'm thirsty and I'm hoping to get that beer!

RicoCali
  • 2003/12/7 8:17

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

Well the error went away but now it doesn't do anything. So I went to admin and did CHECK NETPBM and CHECK IMAGEMAGICK and now I get these errors:

Error! (Expected status: 0, but actually received status: 127) on all the files.

I'll owe you two beers if you can pull this one off.

Thanks,
Rico

jlm69
  • 2003/12/7 12:40

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I think that error means that it can't find Netpbm or Imagemagik. Is it your own server or a hosted server?
If it is a Hosted server you can go to the gallery page and download the netpbm binaries (server specific, you need to know what operating system is on the server) then put them in a folder called netpbm, maybe in your xoopsgallery/cache folder, chmod all files in it to 755 and then change the netpbm path in you admin>preferences, then it will work, but only if the host will allow you to run the binaries from within the site.

If it is your own server you need to install netpbm or you have the wrong path in preferences.

Hope this helps.

RicoCali
  • 2003/12/7 15:30

• RicoCali

• Not too shy to talk

Its my own server and I've chmod 777 everything recursively. Its in the right path. If the path is wrong it give you a different error. I tested it. So I am clueless with all this hokus pokus.

CBlue

I'm clueless about your errors too, RicoCali! Oh well, guess I have to buy my own beer.

I'm sorry you are having this problem and I hope someone else has the answer to it.

jlm69
  • 2003/12/7 16:36

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I went to the gallery FAQ and in there they said you would get that error if you were running PHP in safe mode or some functions disabled.
On my server I have no problems, on a hosted server I get that error no matter what path I use, that's why I figured it couldn't find it.

From the Gallery FAQ :
#

Status: (expected 0) -- This means that Gallery is unable to get a status message from PHP, which it relies on. One possible solution is that your host has disabled some needed php functions. To determine if they have create a PHP file containing

<?php
echo ini_get("disable_functions");
?>

If the output displays exec() see FAQ C.29.

Login

Who's Online

298 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 298

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits