NitroFoO
After Updgrading Error (Just Fixed | You might want to read )
  • 2003/12/3 2:52

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

I updgraded from xoops-2.0.4-to-2.0.5.patch then to xoops-2.0.5-to-2.0.5.1.patch right after one another. However once I finished I got this error:

www.digicomplex.com

I'm not sure what went wrong, however the site needs to be back up asap. thanks.

CBlue
Re: After Updgrading Error

You didn't mess with the mainfile.php at all did you? Can you try to copy the patches into your site again and see if that fixes the problem?

You could also go to your database through myphpadmin and click on tables to see which one may have an error in it. Sometimes optimizing your tables will fix any corrupted tables.

NitroFoO
  • 2003/12/3 20:50

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

I copied the patches again (both sets of them), and it didn't fix any problems.

I couldn't find the database with the errors in it - of course I could have missed something.

Couldn't I just click all for optimizing (the individual tables / sections of the database)? I mean if even the ones that worked fine were optimized into wouldn't damage anything right?

Thanks for your help so far.

CBlue

Optimizing your database is always a good idea. I am using the Optimize module on my site and it works great. If you use this module, you don't have to go to your database in myphpadmin to optimize the tables.

Here is the link to the download for it on this site:
https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=326

CBlue

The only other suggestion I have for you is to replace all the files you had updated using the patch, with your original files before the update. You should have a copy of the XOOPS version you installed to your site before you did the upgrade patches, right?

NitroFoO
  • 2003/12/4 16:38

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can find the original version, since I don't think there are any direct links on the site. Of course I have't checked the module download section so I could be very wrong.

I don't know how, though, how this error could have occured. I did nothing other then overwrite the old files with the new ones on the patches...

CBlue

You can compare the files that you got in the patches to upgrade with to the original files in your XOOPS backup. You can download another copy of XOOPS from this site if you need to get the original files.

One other thing you can try. Instead of overwriting the files that you are replacing, delete the files off your server, then upload the replacement without overwriting the files on your server. It may be that when you were overwriting the files, it caused one or more files to get corrupted.

NitroFoO
  • 2003/12/5 3:01

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

I'm not sure what went wrong at all. I checked back again and I realized I was missing a file, and I'm not sure how it was lost (or was it included before?). My guess that this file was.

I was looking over the error message again, and I downloaded the full version latest stable (which is 2.05) i think.

I found out that I was missing mysqldatabase.php which caused the error. I uploaded it from the latest full version, and it fixed it.

I then checked back on the two patches that I downloaded and realized they were never included. I don't think I deleted this file by accident.

I would really like to thank CBlue in assisting me through this. Thanks.

www.digicomplex.com (comments / suggestions appreciated). its still being worked on, and not really open yet.

CBlue

You're welcome, NitroFoO!

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits