danielgg
NOTHING IS DISPLAYED
  • 2003/12/2 15:10

• danielgg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/28

Hi:

I installed xoopschat and now I can not access to my website. I try www.mysite.com/html/user.php to login as admin, but, after validation, it is redirected to index.php and... nothing is displayed again... I try from another page with login block and user is validated but session seems to be not initialized. Shall I modify anything?

Regards,

Mithrandir
Re: NOTHING IS DISPLAYED

Nothing at all? White screen?
Search for it here - plenty of posts about this kind of thing (maybe not THIS thing in particular, but similar cases or at least a direction as to what to edit to get Debug turned on)

Per4orm
  • 2003/12/2 15:32

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

It sounds to me more like he's not being logged in as admin and is being returned to the index as anonymous. Several people have experience the same problem, and in all the cases I know of so far it's been a hosting issue.

CBlue

daniel, you could try deleting the chat module from your modules folder and see if that works. If it's the chat module that messed up your site, maybe getting rid of it will fix your problem. This is only a suggestion because I would try this if it were me having this problem.

danielgg
  • 2003/12/2 18:23

• danielgg

• Just popping in

A hosting issue? What is that, exactly? My XOOPS is running in a linux hosting server, not a local machine.

CBlue

Quote:

danielgg wrote:
A hosting issue? What is that, exactly? My XOOPS is running in a linux hosting server, not a local machine.

He was saying that it could be the server that your site is hosted on. I've had problems with previous webhosts where they were having server problems and it affected my site.

danielgg
  • 2003/12/2 19:14

• danielgg

• Just popping in

Hello again:

The problem is just solved! Here is what I have done:

I set php debug on and executed /html/index.php. Then, php returned a warning message (and some smarty other ones):

Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/html/include/common.php:530) in file index.php line 39 about header just sent

I have uploaded *all* the "include" folder and now I can access to the main page. I do not know if some corruption issue is related to this problem, but now it works...

I wonder if other users have been into trouble uploading XOOPS files in a wrong way or setting permissions (chmod) to this files.

Let me (us) know

Regards,
Daniel

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits