jlm69
Movie Show-Time Hack/Module
  • 2003/11/30 15:03

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I took a script called YahooMovieTimeRipper and played with it until I could use it just like a Module. It Installs like a module and works fine. Need some info entered in manually
( Ex. your local movie listing URL from Yahoo needs to be added to the code ), I will give directions, not hard.
If anyone is interested I will list a download URL in this forum.
can be viewed here xmovietime

Anyone Interested?

John

brewmeister
Re: Movie Show-Time Hack/Module

Yeah, I'd be interested. Looks really cool! Your Games mode is pretty cool as well. Did you do the same type of hack for that?

jlm69
  • 2003/11/30 17:59

• jlm69

• Module Developer

You can download xmovietime in the download section of Xoops.
"Edited"
The games module is a real module made by someone athttp://www.gererstorfer.net
I just changed some german to english in it.

Hope they are useful.

John

brewmeister

Worked great! The only thing I could think might be beneficial would be to make the links that open up to Yahoo(other theaters and movie details) open in a frame within the site rather than open a new window or change the current window contents. Otherwise, very cool and handy. Maybe one of the wizards of PHP could take a quick look and help with that. I imagine it would be pretty painless??

The games were cool too. Could not get Blackjack to work though. That's the one I would probably play the most myself

Thanks!

jlm69
  • 2003/12/2 14:12

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Glad you like it. I will try to add the features you asked about but don't know when I'll get time, anyone who wants to build on this is more than welcome. I did get the permission from the original author he just asked to please leave a link back to him. As far as the games go, blackjack should work as long as java is installed on your computer, that's one that I use Myself. I use Linux so I need to load java before Blackjack works. If you still can't get it let me know what does happen and maybe we can figure it out.

xmovietime now available in the download section of Xoops.

John

Mithrandir

Re. inputting things manually

Why not just make an admin area with preferences to input the Yahoo URL?

//Preferences
$modversion['config'][1]['name'] = 'yahoourl';
$modversion['config'][1]['title'] = '_TITLE_CONSTANT';
$modversion['config'][1]['description'] = '_DESCRIPTION_CONSTANT';
$modversion['config'][1]['formtype'] = 'textbox';
$modversion['config'][1]['valuetype'] = 'text';
$modversion['config'][1]['default'] = 'http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/showtimes.html?';

After that, you can retrieve it with $xoopsModuleConfig['yahoourl']

jlm69
  • 2003/12/6 16:19

• jlm69

• Module Developer

MithyT2,

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know how to write php, but I can figure some stuff out. You gave me just enough info to get me started, I think. Time is something I don't have alot of. But to do what you suggest I would need to create an admin index.php and that will probably take me a while to figure out. And in the process make it a real 2.0 module. Thanks Again for the kickstart.

John

thebigkk
  • 2003/12/7 7:16

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

G'day John. Just installed it with your details, and it worked great. When i put my url, no joy. The url i was using washttp://au.movies.yahoo.com/showtimes.html?pc=4213&r=sim
this loads in a browser window ok, but not in the module.

Any ideas?

Would love to get it working, as it's just what i want, but don't know php well enough to start kack too much.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

jlm69
  • 2003/12/7 11:58

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Peter,

I think the url you used is the one for Other Area Theaters on the bottom. But go to that URL and click on one of the theaters on the top of page. That is the URL you should use

Example: The Theater - BCC,Robina would use the Url of:

http://au.movies.yahoo.com/showtimes.html?pc=4213&r=sim#T2

Good Luck,

John

thebigkk
  • 2003/12/7 12:49

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

Thanks John, But it didn't work. When i click on the "other area theaters link, that works. It opens in a new window.

The initial view, however, does not work. All it shows is the headings. EG title, runtime etc, but with no detail.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 154

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!