AlwinK
No new modules in Modules Administration
  • 2003/11/30 11:02

• AlwinK

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/30

On Friday I started with a clean install of XOOPS 2.0.5.1.
I tested some modules by uploading them to the Modules folder on the server, then go to the SystemAdmin/Modules Administration page were the new modules showed up in the lowest listing (not installed modules, I will call this 'lower screen').

Suddenly this doesn't work anymore. I cannot see Modules I just uploaded or just uninstalled in the lower screen. The standard modules Downloads, Links, Faq, Headlines, Memberlist, Partners, Links, Polls DO show up, however iMenu and ContentExpress I just uploaded not. I pressed reload numerous times, logged in and out, and even uninstalled a module (FreeContent) to see if it would show up in the lower screen.

Before this all happened I made a clone of the Templates default set and made the clone default. I changed language to Dutch (and back to English) and fiddled with the News Template.

Why don't new Modules show up anymore?

Herko
Re: No new modules in Modules Administration
  • 2003/11/30 11:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Are you sure that the modules you uploaded are uploaded correctly? The structure HAS to be like this:

XOOPS_ROOT/modules/modulename/xoops_version.php

If that file is in another folder (like /modules/modulename/modulename/xoops_version.php) then it will not be regognised and cannot be installed.

Herko

AlwinK
  • 2003/11/30 11:25

• AlwinK

• Just popping in

Yes iMenu and FreeContent have xoops_version.php in the root of the modulename. FreeContent HAS actually worked, untill I did an uninstall to test if it showed up in the lower screen. It didn't.

PS Content Express doesn't have xoops_version since it seems to be a postnuke Module . their website stated 'like postnuke'but now I look further I found it's just for PN.

AlwinK
  • 2003/12/3 20:40

• AlwinK

• Just popping in

Not a common problem I guess. No cheering crowd to tell me the simple answer ;)

I tried renaming the modulefolders but this doesn't help either. When I uninstall a currently working module it doesn't show up in the low list anymore. Weird. Are new Modules stored in a file or database somewere that can be purged? Or is it simply reading the Modules folder. Then may an acces problem (not visible to server??).

Help?

I'm starting to think about a clean PostNuke installation to test in stead of Xoops.

CBlue

Did you look on your server in the modules folder to see if Free Content is there?

Mithrandir

Never had any problems with this. If the module structure is correct (that is, no sub-sub-folders) I can't see, why it won't show up without error messages or anything.

Login

Who's Online

894 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 894

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits