ericleun
Cannot using Xtremguestbook
  • 2003/11/30 6:57

• ericleun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/28

I have installed the Xtremguestbook in 2 sites. One is function well. But the other is not, the sign.php page is blank.

The 2 websites is on the same server. The ok one is using XOOPS 2.0.4. And the not ok one is using XOOPS 2.05. I am not sure what is the problem.

Besides, any other choices for installing a guestbook?

svaha
Re: Cannot using Xtremguestbook
  • 2003/11/30 9:21

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I had the same problem, don't know exactly anymore what went wrong, also had problems afterwards because nobody could actually sign the book without filling in ALL the fields, so I had to fill in defaults in the PHP post file.
There are some things you can do :
Look carefully to the file/directory permissions.
Update the template (in admin preferences general)
Turn PHP debug mode on (in admin preferences general)

I did not find any other guestbook module that is better.(except extremUSERguestbook, but that's only when you want your users, including you of course, to have their own guestbook)

Aloha

dirch
  • 2003/11/30 9:28

• dirch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/29

I think this thread can help:

Click here

CBlue

I'm using XtremeUserGuestbook and it is buggy. I would love to have an alternative but I haven't seen any yet unless I use an outside program.

Wingz
  • 2003/12/28 3:37

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Like you guys I've been forced to re-evaluate a few modules during the time-consuming move from XOOPS 1.3 to XOOPS 2.0.5.1 and all of the problems I hasten to add have not been core-related - that was as smooth as silk - they have been module-related (some of it highlighted by lack of reason, logic and consumate coding skills).

<rant>

One thing I'd like to see is when someone develops a better mousetrap - or even one that works with subsequent variants of XOOPS - they include a conversion/upgrade/crossgrade script from the current popular alternative.

</rant>

For example, I've had to move from xtremguestbook to myguestbook for the reasons outlined above - however because the author has not included a 'crossgrade' script for us less-talented mortals, I've lost all entries, and that smarts when some of that content has value (yes it could be hand-replaced into a new guestbook but who has the time and the skills to replicate old datestamps etc?).

I'll keep the old db in case miracles happen. Thanks for listening :), we now return you to normal programming.

BradM
  • 2003/12/28 3:57

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

I've had success with version 2.3 which can be found here:

Xoops - France

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.5.1

EDIT> I just realized that I had to set up an account before I could download the archive. If you don't want to go this route (although they have a good collection of modules there), you can download it from my website.

Brad

svaha
  • 2003/12/28 9:06

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Thnx BradM
just downloaded this version.
Did you also read the comments? There seems to be a bug when you switch off bb-codes. Can't see the preview then :
Change line 123 of sign.php :

Quote:
Juste un petit bug: si les bbcodes sont désactivés, on perd le contenu du message quand on fait une prévisualisation.
Pour corriger, modifier la ligne 123 de sign.php:
Citation :
$textarea .= "<textarea id='message' name='message' wrap='virtual' cols='50' rows='10'>".$message."</textarea><br />";

Posted by : theCat

Aloha

Wingz
  • 2003/12/28 9:51

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Thanks Brad, downloaded it, installed it, upgraded it, no difference. The book comments are all there from the older versions but the sign.php draws a blank. Bummer.

BradM
  • 2003/12/28 9:54

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

Hmm maybe it's an upgrade thing. I did a fresh install of the module, and so far haven't had any trouble. Maybe you could save the tables, do a fresh install, and then reimport them somehow?

Brad

Jennifah
  • 2004/2/18 6:14

• Jennifah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/19

My guestbook just stopped working, when I click to approve a message I get taken to the admin for the xtremguestbook module and can not actually get to the messages. If I click "sign" I get a blank page. I have followed this thread and another and followed any and all instructions and it still doesnt work... Anyone? I really dont want to lose the entries in my guestbook.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits