intel352
ability to add extra fields to the user profile
  • 2003/11/27 20:07

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

maybe this is a feature that i'm just missing? if so, please forgive me

what i would like to see, is an InvisionBoard-style ability to add new fields to the user profile (and maybe even specify if that field should be shown under their avatar in posts)

it would be a good idea to manage that under a separate table, as InvisionBoard does

also, it would enable ports like the XOSCommerce port, to create their own profile requirements easily, by adding in those needed fields to the 'extra_info' table

i've already suggested something similar to the XOSC team to help with the dual-login issue (go to their forums if you want to read the suggestions), but maybe this would help the XOOPS dev team and the XOSC dev team to help each other out? (i'm sure you guys already do, but a bit more help never hurt anyone )

Anonymous
Re: ability to add extra fields to the user profile
  • 2003/11/27 20:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thx for your Post here this suggestions is very intresting not only for the XOSC but also for the newBB, maybe there some more opinions?

intel352
  • 2003/11/27 20:39

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

glad it's of interest

dhansen
  • 2004/1/29 14:33

• dhansen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

I want to add another "vote" for this.

The abiity to add/remove data elements from the form (and edit field labels in the UI) would be MOST helpful. I have many applications in mind where things like address and phone number would be essential, whereas ICQ and YIM (etc.) fields are useless and in fact in the way. For example, I am putting together a reunion site and would like to be able to collect more detailed contact info. Check boxes/radio buttons, too ("Are you attending?").

Xoopsmembers + newbb could be a nice customer support tool with a few of these tweaks, too!!

Dan

Fireater
  • 2004/1/31 1:30

• Fireater

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/1/4 1

Dynamic User Fields is a Old Story on Feature Request

It has been asked for many times before as early as during the very first version of Xoops!

But, I believe the Dev Team has come around to include this feature in XOOPS 2.6.. Lets hope so
That would be a smash!!

Check this out!!:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3486&forum=10#forumpost14135

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits