haisam
Need a Quotes module
  • 2003/11/27 15:15

• haisam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

Need a Quotes module (available in postnuke) with the ability for users to submit qutoes for approval.

tom
Re: Need a Quotes module
  • 2003/11/27 18:22

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Is this what your looking for:

WF-Quotes - User can submit - I can get a copy should you need it.

Random Quotes 1.0.1 - I think users can submit

A simple search would find these.

Hope this is of help.

haisam
  • 2003/11/28 17:04

• haisam

• Just popping in

Random Quotes 1.0.1 looked good until I realized that it does'nt save all the quote in the database. Only the first three lines are saved.

I have no idea why anyone would program in this fashion.

CBlue

Quote:

haisam wrote:
Random Quotes 1.0.1 looked good until I realized that it does'nt save all the quote in the database. Only the first three lines are saved.

I have no idea why anyone would program in this fashion.

I'm using a random quotes module on my site, I believe it is the 1.01 version because that was the latest version in the themes/modules area of this site.

Here is one of my quotes and as you can see, it's more than three lines and I copied this from the database.

I'm not going out there for a vacation. I'm not going out there to make friends. I don't care about any of these people - I'm voting them off one at a time. I'm winning this money. If it means being ruthless, if it means lying, so what?

haisam
  • 2003/11/29 15:40

• haisam

• Just popping in

Create a quote that's about 4 times the length of yours and you'll see that only a small portion is saved.

CBlue

Sounds like you want to use it for a short story and not a quote!

CBlue

Try this, go into your XOOPS database through phpmyadmin and click on your quote's table, then where it says texto click change. Where it says length/values, change the 255 character length to whatever you think will cover the length of the longest quote you want to add.

This should work because when I looked at the index.php in the random quote module's admin folder, the only length for the character's you could change in that page was for the name of the author of the quote. So changing the length of the text you can enter for a quote should be able to be changed in the database.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits