Ace_Armstrong
URGENT HELP NEEDED...all of my posts disappeared!

I backed up the newbb databases using PHPamyadmin, made a copy of the backup, made some slight modifications to the backup and uploaded the modified version (stupid, I know). I got an error. So, I said, "Ha! That's why I made a backup!" and I uploaded the original backup. No errors. But now everything shows up just peachy except that when you get into the threads, there are no posts. I double-checked my backup and all of the post text is in there, so I'm not sure what's missing.

I just tried it again, and I got a ""Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'" error.

Any ideas on how to recover this?

CBlue
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED...all of my posts disappeared!

Go to forum admin and click on the sync forums link.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Go to forum admin and click on the sync forums link.

Nope. No effect.
Thanks, though.

Any other ideas?

Ace_Armstrong

Something else...

I just attmepted to download the table for the posts, and it showed no data. So, I'm wondering...at this point, it won't do any harm to delete the table and let the SQL upload create it fresh, right? (I know NOTHING about SQL...)

Ace_Armstrong

One more thing...

I can get the posts to upload just fine if I redact the downloaded table down to about 500 posts at a time. The problem, of course, is that I can upload the first 500 posts without a problem, but when I upload the second batch, it deletes the first batch.

Is there a way in PHPmyAdmin to upload records without deleting the existing records? That would entirely solve my problem.

Ace_Armstrong

Never mind. Figured it out. Just needed to comment out the appropriate parts of the dump file.

Carry on...nothing to see here....

mvandam
  • 2003/11/26 19:51

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Glad you solved it... If you have access to the mysqld setup file, you can (temporarily) change the maximum packet size in case you run into this problem again. You would probably need root level access on your server to be able to do this. At least it will save you the time of commenting out some stuff.

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits