voddie
Newbie question
  • 2003/11/24 14:30

• voddie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/20

Hi

Im altering the root/userinfo.php and root/edituser.php and I want to increase the amount of text that is allowed. Im having a little trouble figuring out how to do this....could someone please explain the following line of code.....

$xoopsTpl->assign('user_extrainfo', $myts->makeTareaData4Show($thisUser->getVar('bio', 'N'),0,1,1));

It's mainly the 'N' and the trailing numbers....

Im also quite new to MySql and wondered if I had to alter the database.....I understand varchar but how does the tinytext work?.....are there any other files that need to be altered......thanks for any help offered

Voddie

CBlue
Re: Newbie question

Amount of text for what text area? All of them or just one or two places?

CBlue

Check out this thread it seems to be what you are asking about.https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14032&forum=7&post_id=56690#forumpost56690

voddie
  • 2003/11/24 16:50

• voddie

• Just popping in

Followed the thread, but still a little confused.

What Im trying to do

Alter the user info page, to lose some sections ie ICQ etc and make the signature display as much text as the user types in.....like a biography section

The next step is altering the contact form and search options for members section

Voddie

CBlue

Maybe editing this template file system_userinfo.html will be what you need to do to change your view user and edit user pages.

voddie
  • 2003/11/24 22:54

• voddie

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help.....Ive managed most of what im wanting....except being able to change the amount of text that is show as a signature. I only get five lines of text, when there is about four paragraphs.

I can't workout where to look. Is this variable set in a php file or is it limited by how many characters are excepted by the database....

Any help again will stop my head hurting...

Thanks in advance

voddie

CBlue

I hope for your head's sake, voddie, someone who knows the answer to this riddle will share it with you soon!

skalpa
  • 2003/11/25 1:04

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:

$xoopsTpl->assign('user_extrainfo', $myts->makeTareaData4Show($thisUser->getVar('bio', 'N'),0,1,1));

The 2nd getVar parameter is used to format variables. Here the 'n' asks the function to return the variable (bio) as-is, without preliminary escaping.
For makeTareaData4Show, here are what the numbers mean (for each parameter, 0 means off, 1 means on):
1st: Allow html
2nd: Enable smiley
3rd: Enable bbcodes

Skalpa.>

voddie
  • 2003/11/25 9:42

• voddie

• Just popping in

Thanks Skalpa

I now understand the coding and the trailing numbers....thanks

Any ideas for the amount of text that is shown in the signature part of the userinfo page?

voddie

voddie
  • 2003/11/25 10:48

• voddie

• Just popping in

Ive found it!!!!!!

If you need to change the amount of text that is shown in the members info page i.e change the extrainfo area or signature area....the changes need to be made in your MySQL database

Change the type from TINYTEXT to MEDIUMTEXT

TINYTEXT only allows 255 characters
MEDIUMTEXT allows 16777215 characters

Thanks for everyones input

voddie

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits