vfunk
Installed on local machine but can't seem to log in
  • 2003/11/22 23:35

• vfunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

Hi there.

I installed XOOPS ok (I've setup many CMS's in my time, phpnuke, postnuke, e107 etc). no problem there. But when I try to log in using my admin user : pass I defined during the setup process it seems like it's logging me in but there is never a admin panel option for me. What could possibly be wrong here?

When I try some bogus login name it says: "Incorrect login name... refresh in X seconds" etc. But when I log in using my user : pass which I defined during install, it says "Thank you for logging in xxxx", then the page reloads but I never see a admin panel link.

pawel
Re: Installed on local machine but can't seem to log in
  • 2003/12/9 10:49

• pawel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

I have the same problem, mybe you have find what was wrong?

jlm69
  • 2003/12/9 12:46

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

just wondering if you can access it directly,

www.yoursite.com/admin.php

ackbarr

also if you are able to login fine, look for the "Administration Menu" link within the User Menu block.

If you login and still see a login block, this usually means that the page you use to access the site is different than the XOOPS_URL value in /mainfile.php

Herko
  • 2003/12/9 15:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Or, if you keep getting thrown out of the login (after confiming you're logged in), then try adding the site to the trusted sites list of the firewall software you may be running. Anything that blocks HTTP Hheader information from being sent blocks you from accessing the admin parts of your site (or even logging in properly).

Herko

DonXoop

I briefly saw the same when I quickly set-up a site for fun. It was the hostname in the mainfile.php file not matching the URL I used to login. Pass login and the site redirects to the URL in the mainfile.php. If it doesn't match it doesn't know you're logged in. Cookie thing?

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 186

jimmydlekov,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!