Anonymous
AuthorZone Module
  • 2003/11/22 13:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

hhttp://authorzone.com/zemp/AuthorZoneSoftware.rar

That is the software my AuthorZone.Com site runs on. I had it custom made.

Here is the scoop:

The software cirrently requires vBulletin 2.3.2 because I had it written to use the vB regustration system and share database.
Once vB2.3.2 is installed there is an extra tables sql files which needs to be run in the phpMyAdmin to create the extra tables etc. This can be automated easely.

The software is very powerful and you can see what it does on http://authorzone.com and this can be a very useful Module to further BOOST XOOPS community building ideology.

It also requires the vB global.php I believe. But this can easely be changed to use the XOOPS db and global etc.
Porting this sfotware should not be hard at all.

If anyone wants to port it to XOOPS you have my permission to do so provided you do not charge for the Module.

The guys who developed it can be reached at mike.bergman@trinitywebs.com
http://trinitywebs.com
should you need any help etc.

HERE are the features the software has and more of them can be seen on AuthorZone.Com AFTER you sign up for an account since its true power is visible to registered members once they are loged in.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will help any way I can.

BTW this forum sucks. I checked the boxes to remind me when there are replies to my posts and I never get any notifications.

Max

Herko
Re: AuthorZone Module
  • 2003/11/22 16:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This authorzone application is basically an article management system, right? It looks nice, with the integrated events and such. And I also like the author featurettes, with the information about the author. It could indeed be a nice addition to XOOPS, but we also have a few other article management systems. Maybe it's also good to see if some of the features in the authorzone app can be implemented in the other article management systems

About the forum: it seems to work very well with other people (including myself), maybe you can tell us a bit more about what system you're on, and what software you're using (firewall?).

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 16:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

Uh, AuthorZone is not just an article management system Sign up for an account and then you can see all the features and functionality. AuthorZone is a Portal all its own in a sense. You need to really look at all it does to apreciate its true powers.

It would be a sweet addition to XOOPS and would make XOOPS twice as attractive and powerful.
In fact it would make XOOPS the hotest product on the market period. If you look around the net you will see many community sites pasted together with a bunch of scripts with similar features. Why? There none which have the AZ features.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 16:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
About the forum: it seems to work very well with other people (including myself), maybe you can tell us a bit more about what system you're on, and what software you're using (firewall?).

The reason the XOOPS forum sucks is it lacks a great deal of features and customization flexibility and estetic qualities.

To put is simply, vB is a GOD compared to XOOPS forum. This is not to say it is not useful. I am sure people who have not tried vB or IPB cannot appreciate the differences and will find it of use, but those of us with high quality in mind who have been around the BB block know full well.

I sincerely hope you guys are not offended by my comments here. I am merely making an observation here.

I would love nothing more than to see the forum overhawled and packed with vB like features. That would be sweet and if I were rich I would pay you guys to do it because XOOPS is indeed one of the finest CMS's there is. I use Mambo and XOOPS now and have tried and tested others in the last 4 months.

I just like to say things as I see them but not mean to offend.

Max

carnuke
  • 2003/11/22 18:00

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Max

Just signed up and had a good look around AuthorZone. Sure this is a a whole bag more than article or category management. I have another reason for sign-up as I,m a writer myself. I would personally like to see this ported or moduled, as I have an immediate application requirement for it. What I particularly like about AuthorZone is how it has features that encourage a sense of community as well as the capacity for organisation .

Good luck

carnuke
  • 2003/11/22 18:01

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Max

Just signed up and had a good look around AuthorZone. Sure this is a a whole bag more than article or category management. I have another reason for sign-up as I,m a writer myself. I would personally like to see this ported or moduled, as I have an immediate application requirement for it. What I particularly like about AuthorZone is how it has features that encourage a sense of community as well as the capacity for organisation .

Good luck

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 18:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yep, you are exactly right. I have received over 600 requests for that software from vB and CMS users but I did not give it out because it has no install script and I would have had to install it myself and since I am busy doing SocketMail Lite support and installation as well as runing 12 other sites I simply don't have the time.

So yes, someone PLEEEZE port it?

Max

Login

Who's Online

375 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 375

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits