Anonymous
MyMatchmaker Gold module $ SocketMail Lite
  • 2003/11/22 7:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello guys!

My name is max and I am the owner of a product called MyMatchmaker which I give away free onhttp://phplords.com

Tne software was custom made for me a while back and it has been cleaned up recently.

I would like to offer copyright release to anyone who is willing to do a XOOPS 2.0 integration module. ALL I ask in return is that pHpLords.Com gets credit for the software.

The software can be downloaded from the support forum's Free Scripts forum.

It may be modified and distributed as a XOOPS module.

Also
If anyone wants to do a SocketMail module we can arange to have a striped down version of SocketMail Lite available for distribution as a module IF you are willing to do the module etc.

If anyone is interested and is capable of doing this feel free to contact me.

Max

pHpLords.Com

setaside
Re: MyMatchmaker Gold module $ SocketMail Lite
  • 2003/11/22 9:26

• setaside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/24

that would be pretty cool..

Herko
  • 2003/11/22 9:48

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I would like to point out that XOOPS is released under the GNU Beneral Public Licence, and modules that are dependant on the core (and can't function independantly) are also GPL Licenced. This means that the code of the XOOPS module version of your script, will have the GPL Licence. I think you've made a very generous offer here, and I'll show this to the module developer team

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 10:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
This means that the code of the XOOPS module version of your script, will have the GPL Licence.

Yes I understand and that is perfectly fine. I just want to have credit to some extent in the distribution somewhere.

That is all. It is my small contribution to this sweet product.

Herko
  • 2003/11/22 11:56

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Just to make sure you understood It's the trouble with porting modules to the XOOPS system, that the ported code becomes GPL code. This sometimes creates conflicts with the original licence, and therefore many software developers of proprietary software do not allow their (great) applications to be ported. Alas.

And we always give credit where it is due

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 12:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

I am the owner of the MyMatchmaker script and you have my permission to port it for XOOPS as you see fit. Just don't charge money for it please.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 12:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

http://phplords.com/dl/mymatchmaker.rar

You can email me at webmaster@phplords.com if you have any questions or if you need me to sign a license release etc. otherwise have at it.

Max

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits