mgolsen
Switching from PN to Xoops
  • 2003/11/19 9:28

• mgolsen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

I'm in the process of evaluting different CMS systems to switch to because, frankly I'm tired of hassling with PostNuke. Unfortunately it requires way too much tweaking to get it to do what I would like it to do. I currently run this website, and I would like to ad an exisiting mp3.com type functionality to it. The basic premise of my website is to give people a chance in my area to Showcase some of their work to other people. The primary focus(es) of the site are art, music, and writing. I currently have an mp3 section and a photo gallery section, along with a band links section. I would like users to either sign up for (preferrably sign up) or email me with a request to create a user/band profile page, set the category (music/art etc) and create it without approval. XOOPS looks extremely promising, as the community seems to be more active, and the system just seems to be more thought out and faster. I know the Deskmod site is planning on releasing a CMS called Maquinas, but I've been waiting on that for what seems like an eternity. If anyone could give me advice on this, or if you don't think XOOPS would be the right system, please let me know.

Matthew Gotth-Olsen
Louisvilleshowcase.com

ackbarr
Re: Switching from PN to Xoops

Welcome to the XOOPS message boards! We appreciate your kind comments on the community, and welcome any constructive criticism to make XOOPS a better CMS.
I am probably very biased but I think that there is little that XOOPS cannot do as a portal / cms. If we have any faults, it would be the lack of published documentation (which is being worked on). But I also feel that our helpful community helps make up for this. Please stick around, ask questions, and ultimately let us know which cms you picked - and why.

Good Luck!

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits