Herron
template for editprofile
  • 2003/11/12 0:42

• Herron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/16

Just wondering what is the template file for the editing of the profile? I've found the ones for viewing a profile and have edited that to my liking, with some db changes, but now have to make the changes visible for the users to edit. oO i thought it would be a system template but cant find the one that does the job.

drksoul
Re: template for editprofile
  • 2004/3/29 18:24

• drksoul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

same question, I'm amazed nobody has a simple solution posted anywhere on the message boards for this.

drksoul
  • 2004/3/29 18:26

• drksoul

• Just popping in

anybody?

Mithrandir

edituser.php

This file uses the XoopsForm Classes only, so no template for this.

drksoul
  • 2004/3/29 19:33

• drksoul

• Just popping in

XoopsForm Classes? oh geeze, why did they make things so complicated.. I mean, all I want is to change the layout it should be simpl-er, but some of the templates are loaded into the database, and others use classes? why

oh. and how do they work...... using editprofile as an example for the class driven templates

Mithrandir

Using XoopsForm classes is not complicated - on the contrary you can add or change form elements (text, select, button etc.) with a single line with very little possibility of error.

Not many people use this, but it IS possible to combine XoopsForm classes and templates, so it is possible to adapt the form layout (not individual elements, though, but the form as a whole)

drksoul
  • 2004/3/29 19:46

• drksoul

• Just popping in

What I've been doing so far is creating my own templates and throwing the values over from the packaged or included template files, then replacing those with the ones I've assembled. I'd really like to see more help files outlining perhaps more of XOOPS functionality and manners of operation.

What would you say is the simplest method for myself (and others who may browse up this page in the future), to completely change editprofile's template into something new.

Mithrandir

Hard to answer - depends on what is wrong with the current form without template.

It uses the table CSS defined in the theme for colouring.

drksoul
  • 2004/3/29 20:23

• drksoul

• Just popping in

no no, it's a new template.
new tables, new layout.

drksoul
  • 2004/3/29 20:54

• drksoul

• Just popping in

I don't think I appreciate the amount of support available for "Xoops".. If i'm wrong, then I'm sorry but it feels like when I have a post or a question i really have to drill it out of you guys. There's not enough knowledgeable php coders using the software yet to allow the fanbase to perpetuate itself.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits