cmagana
Site launched in xoops
  • 2003/11/11 23:53

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

I have launched www.miguanajuato.com whit XOOPS and several hack in the name of the modules, all modules was translate to spanish directory name, visit my site an write me your comments, please.

www.miguanajuato.com

DFBH13
Re: Site launched in xoops
  • 2003/11/11 23:57

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

Nice Site

Blocks Layed out nice.

cmagana
  • 2003/11/12 0:17

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

tanks DFBH13

sunsnapper

That is one beautiful theme. It reminds me of an Imago theme, though I get the impression this is farily customized.

I confess, I love that little sprinting smiley face or whatever that guy is in the upper left corner.

Visually, it's all beautiful. No one would ever say you have a bad looking site... it's completely professional.

I looked at it in IE 5.5 (the ugly browser) and Firebird... your site looks great in both. My Firebird does not come with flash pre-installed, you might consider alternate navigation for non-flashers. Depends who your target audience is.

OK, now some gentle criticism or suggestions.

1. Font sizes. I must be blind or something, but small font sizes are simply too much work to read. I understand they look subtle and nice... but, much of the web is a reading medium... making it difficult to read slows down the user. However, I recognize that designers must love them, since so many people use them... pity the poor users. I also recognize that in your columns, you want tight control, so maybe you need pixel precision there.

I think a reasonable compromise is to allow the user to adjust the text sizes in their browser. To do this, you use variable text sizes in your CSS in areas where you are willing to give up control. Perhaps for content in the center column. If you set your text size as 100% instead of 10px, it will allow the user to adjust to their liking. Alternatively you can use keywords, like small and medium, though I like percentages for some reason.

2. The "MENSAJES Y SALUDOS" block is showing up with scroll bars on the right and bottom. If you can find a way to eliminate the scroll bars... or, at least the bottom scroll bar, I think it is perhaps easier to use.

But, if you didn't change anything you would still have a wonderful site. The above are just a couple of suggestions.

cmagana
  • 2003/11/12 1:28

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

Tanks for your comments , I will try to eliminate the scroll bars on the bottom, in block Mensajes y Saludos. For the font sizes I try to change several codes on my css.

thanks, your commentaries were very valuable

sunsnapper

Cool. Happy to help. I just went back to your site, and when I clicked on the galleries I see an error message that says it cannot connect to the db.

FYI.

cmagana
  • 2003/11/12 1:50

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

tanks, I'm working in this error.

sunsnapper

cmagana,
if you get a chance can you review this thread and comment on my site. Thanks.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13664&forum=12

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits