sunsnapper
News: Blank Line Error When Entering Text

If you create a news story and you begin your content with a blank line (line feed, carriage return) everything displays properly.

However, if you then edit the story, you will see that input field that contains the content no longer displays the empty line in the edit box... it moves the content to the top of the box.

(the database still knows about it, but, it is not displayed in the edit window).

This would be OK (maybe) unless you make the mistake of adding another line to the top of your content, thinking your forgot to do it the first time. Now when you view your article, you will see the extra blank line has been appended to the original. (over and over and over)

If you edit the story again, you will not be able to remove these lines (using the editing interface) because the display of the blank lines has been suppressed.

Originally, I started my extended text with a single blank line to distance it from the summary text. However, now I have some large gaps on some stories... I am pretty sure I'll need to edit the database directly to fix this.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits