werkkrew
Is Xoops right for me??
  • 2003/11/6 20:55

• werkkrew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/6

I have been searching the net high and low, trying to decide between which cms systems can do what I need, and which cant, I narrow it down, and almost decide, and then I find another one that looks more promising...

Here are the criteria for what I NEED the site to be able to do, everything else would just be nice...

The site is for a music production company...

Users can be defined as an Artist
As artists, they get their own page where they can:
-Maintain an event calendar
-Maintain a bio and news section
-Maintain an image gallery
-Maintain a media gallery (mp3's)

-For the mostpart, the site is not centered around a message forum, but I need users to be able to comment on tracks, and review shows they have gone to...users do not need to be registered to browse the site or download material...just to submit reviews and comments

-I would like to incorporate webmail, if not then private messaging should be fine

-Track download stats by entire bands, or by individual songs

etc, etc, etc

Basically the site will be something like www.garageband.com

I had been working on my own cms specific to my site for some time, but it got to become a real pain in the butt working on it myself.

Can anyone help me figure out if XOOPS can do this, if it can, what modules id need?

If it cant, which cms can...

If none can, is anyone interested in helping me set this site up for the independant music comminity and write a few mods for XOOPS to allow these things to happen? Im very talented in PHP but im working and going to school full time so I dont really have the time to do it all myself

Mithrandir
Re: Is Xoops right for me??

What you describe is not currently easy to do with common XOOPS modules - but it is in no way impossible to make a module, which incorporates it.

I'd say good luck with the project and I hope you find someone, who can work with you on the module(s) needed.

werkkrew
Re: Is Xoops right for me??
  • 2003/11/7 2:22

• werkkrew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/6

Any takers?

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits