janosch
Article Management / Workflows
  • 2003/11/6 7:55

• janosch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/6

Hi.

I'm currently on the search for an open source cms-framework that will be set up on a non-commercial portal-site.

The main-part of the site will consist of contributed articles; so I'm wondering if XOOPS has to offer some module/modification which provides the following:

- Editors can write articles, approve and publish them.
- Normal members can write articles and submit them,
Editors (and the Admin, of course) can approve, edit, publish, delete, whatever.
- Users can edit their own articles.

Is there anything like that available for XOOPS yet?

PS: I don't actually need sth. "big" like typo3 -- but it goes into that direction, only smaller and lightweighter.

Thanks for hints!

blueangel
Re: Article Management / Workflows
  • 2003/11/6 9:03

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

I think that WF-Section is the right module for you

It can be easily set up to allow:
Quote:

- Editors can write articles, approve and publish them.
- Normal members can write articles and submit them
- Editors (and the Admin, of course) can approve, edit, publish, delete, whatever.

Quote:
- Users can edit their own articles.

for this point I really do not remember if it possible in the last version, but in any case if not I am sure it will be added in the future and in any case I think that an hack that provide this feature also in the current release is not too much difficult to implement

janosch
  • 2003/11/6 9:38

• janosch

• Just popping in

Well, thanks, this sounds good!

Do you by chance know where I can get the latest version of WF Sections? Google points me tohttp://wfsections.xoops2.com, which seems to be closed down. And on this site here I found version 1.0.1, but I dunno wheter it is the latest one.

Thanks for your help!

blueangel
  • 2003/11/6 10:03

• blueangel

• Module Developer

If I remember well that is the last you can download it

in any case you can start with it and update the module when a new version is released

janosch
  • 2003/11/6 17:02

• janosch

• Just popping in

Hmm, tried WF Sections now, looks very good.
But it seems to lack one of the important 'features' I need -- I cannot find a possibility to set rights for submitted articels -- I only want special groups to be able to submit articles.

Of course I could achieve this quite easily by hacking the module; just wondering whether anyone already did this / can give me a pointer, whether WF Sections DOES support these right-management.

Thanks

blueangel
  • 2003/11/7 7:16

• blueangel

• Module Developer

have you tried to create a Custom Groups called Editors for example and trought the Administration Panel -> System -> Groups set the access rights only to this group and to the webmaster group

in the preferences there is an option that allow only the webmaster to change the preferences of wfsection

I did not try it but you can do and if it works I think that the result is what you need

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/7 7:59

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

janosch wrote:
Hmm, tried WF Sections now, looks very good.

Thanks

Quote:

But it seems to lack one of the important 'features' I need -- I cannot find a possibility to set rights for submitted articels -- I only want special groups to be able to submit articles.

At the moment this is not possible with the version you have.

This however has been fixed for WF-Sections v2 with many other editing/modify options.

Userside
You can select which groups can submit articles from user side.
You can select users who cannot submit articles (Banned users I suppose). This will be universal for all modules.
You can select which usergroups can modify their own articles/downloads

Admin side
You can select which groups can create/modify articles
Simple Document check in/out feature. Only one user can edit a document at one time. Stops two people editing the same document.

Document editing tracking system. You will always be shown who was the last person to edit the document, on which date and time. Also, you will be able to list the full editing history of a document from the beginning.

Version increment for those who like to have version numbers for documents

Each document will have full stats, times viewed, edited, rated, votes etc etc

But, for the meantime, I am sure you can hack WF to include these features you require. But, you will rest easy knowing that you will not have to do this in the next version

janosch
  • 2003/11/7 8:12

• janosch

• Just popping in

Quote:

This however has been fixed for WF-Sections v2 with many other editing/modify options.
[upcoming features]

Wow, this will exactly be what I need Any estimations about when the new version will be released? Is there anything available via CVS so far?

Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry to realise this project -- so I hopefully will be able to wait for the new release

Greets.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits