jakkals
EvenNews
  • 2003/11/4 12:08

• jakkals

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/18

Hi All

Wonder if there's someone out there that can help me.

I installed evennews, and the subscribe and unsubscribe functions work 100% sending mail etc. But when I try to send a message to the list I get this errors.

Sending Mail
mail_from : 'Webmaster '.
mail_subj : 'test'.
mail_mess : 'test'.
Mail NOT sent to : test@hotmail.com : 4

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\php\www\afrial\html\class\errorhandler.php on line 187

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\php\www\afrial\html\class\errorhandler.php on line 208

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\php\www\afrial\html\kernel\session.php on line 117

Any ideas?
Thanks

ackbarr
Re: EvenNews

hmm sounds like the php mail() function is timing out trying to send that message. I starting making a version of that module that uses the XOOPS mailer settings instead of the php mail function directly. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a test build to see if that fixes your problems.

jctsup1
  • 2003/11/4 15:22

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Are you running Linux or windows & what web server are you using?

DobePhat
  • 2003/11/4 15:56

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Sorry if you answered this before at some time, but...
Does evennews work without the mail settings being configured in xoops? Like is it a seperate thing?

I prefer it being seperate to be honest...but Ive been stumpped on the mail for awhile...

ackbarr

ATM evennews uses the php mail() function, instead of utlizing the mail settings defined in Preferences -> Mail Settings .

jakkals
  • 2003/11/5 5:14

• jakkals

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/18

Running WinXP with Apache webserver, but planning to migrate to Linux within the next week.
All mailing in my system works 100% - XOOPS setup to use SMTP. Seems there must be some problem with my PHP mail() funtion and therefore the Evennews module function to send a message to the list is not working.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits