Herko
What subjects should the roadmap discussion cover?
  • 2003/10/31 12:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The XOOPS Core Team is organised in 8 teams, each covering an aspect of running the XOOPS community. These are (in no particular order):
- Core Development
- Module Development
- Theme Development
- Support
- Documentation
- Quality Control (and certification)
- Product Promotion/development
- Community Relations

I'd like to cover the roadmap for all these teams. We've got loads of ideas ourselves, but we can't do it alone, nor do we know it all. So, please, enlighten us with what you'd like to see in the roadmap for each of these areas

Herko

Ace_Armstrong
Re: What subjects should the roadmap discussion cover?

Well, I think everyone knows these, but just to that it's official that someone said it... :)

Most of these fall under core/theme development:

1. Automatic login
2. Ability to customize the personal information collected (i.e., to rename the ICQ, AOL, etc. fields)
3. A "mark all read" button for newBB
4. Ability to associate polls and newBB discussions
5. Ability to permit registered users to make anonymous posts on a thread- or category-level in newBB
6. A way to have front-page blocks only appear on the front page if a module is selected as the start module (in other words, if News is the start module, clicking on HOME would show the front-page blocks and the News info, but clicking on NEWS would only show the News info)
7. Bring back the theme manager from 2.0 beta! That was awesome.
8. Group-level access (I think someone said this is already done)
9. A way to upload multiple smilies, avatars, etc.

For documentation, it would be great to have a "XOOPS for Dummies" aimed at not the person putting together the site, but the person who will end up managing it once it's done that would cover basic tasks almost in an FAQ sort of way. (
How do I edit a user?" or "How do I change where a block appears?") It would also be a good thing to create a template that module developers could be encouraged to use in creating documentation. This would help XOOPS become a lot more user friendly.

PureLuXus
  • 2003/10/31 17:33

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

generate password on manuel user adding and send welcome mail with password..

send password within the mail u get after a user is activated by user..

much enhance newbb to feature the most important things from ibf.

view permissions of comments.. i want comments on some of my modules but i dont want guests dont see the comments

different start module for different groups

philroy
  • 2003/10/31 21:22

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi all,

Being fairly new to XOOPS (heck, I'm still developing my first site locally on my Mac) I think it's great that there is going to be some re-shaping of the organisational structure of XOOPS development.

I've been putting a few people onto Xoops, but I thought here might be a good place to highlight one thing I perceive about Xoops....

Despite the fact that this appears to be the hub of the XOOPS life (it's xoops.org after all) I often tell people that you are just as likely to find as many modules developed away from this site, as listed on it.

I don't know enough about the back story/politics/history of Xoops, but I find it curious not to be able to come to one site and find out as much as possible (and download as much as possible) about everything happening in the world of Xoops.

OK, you can't stop people posting where and how they like, but as part of the restructure that is being worked on, make sure it is well co-ordinated and well promoted on one site, even if that site has lots of strands to it.

In that respect "Community Relations" will be one of the most vital teams in ensuring the uptake/longevity/enthusiasm/development remains with Xoops.

Cheers,

Phil

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits