AAINC
Xoops Code Theme Help
  • 2003/10/19 21:18

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Hello,
I have been a hardcore PHPNuke user for two years and just installed XOOPS 2.0.5 this weekend. I will be switching mainsite to XOOPS as soon as I learn a bit more of the coding.
IMHO XOOPS leaves Nuke standing at the start line.
Anyways I am not here to bash Nuke.

I am changing a theme to look like my customized nuke theme.
See Nuke theme here:http://archangelartifacts.com

See developing Xoop theme here:http://xoops.archangelartifacts.com

My question is How do I call XOOPS database through theme.html.
More specific:
At my nuke site when you go there you will see a link on the navbar that says "create an account". When logged in it says "Welcome username"
How do I code that in the theme.html to do similar in Xoops.

I have tried adding <{$uname}> and a couple others to no avail.
Go easy on me guys, this is only the second day I started looking at the code.
Does anyone have a XOOPS website that shows the different XOOPS code.

Oh yeah how do I code the banners so that they show if activated and do not show when not activated. Currently on the theme I am modifying it shows the banner area if activated or not, if not activated it shows empty block. I have currently moved the banner block to bottom of XOOPS theme til I figure it out. You can see it at my XOOPS site.

the XOOPS developers have done a terrific job on this CMS, I hope in the future to be able to contribute to the developement. (have already converted my Nuke Ebay Block to work with xoops).

PEACE ALL
Archangel Artifacts, Inc.

brash
Re: Xoops Code Theme Help
  • 2003/10/19 23:17

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'd suggest downloading my karate_redux_blue theme, or Ackbarr's karate redux theme and have a look at the theme.html file. I think you'll find what you're looking for there .

ackbarr

While developing a theme, I find it helpful to enable Smarty Debugging in "System" -> "Preferences" -> "General Settings".
When enabled, every page will add a popup window detailing the smarty templates utilized in creating the current page, and a list of smarty variables available.

Variables defined by XOOPS are listed as <{$xoops_<varname>}>. In your case, try using the <{$xoops_isuser}> to determine if the viewer is logged in and <{$xoops_username}> to retrieve their login name.

From all of the community, welcome to Xoops. Your contributions will be welcomed!

AAINC
  • 2003/10/20 1:45

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

Hello,
Brash<<<
Thats exactly what I was looking for, Thank You.

ackbarr<<<
Smarty Debugging....Sweet
A very positive impression with XOOPS since installation.
Very user and admin friendly.
It will take a bit to adjust to new XOOPS code.
Currently minimal knowledge of xml coding.
Thats why I started with theme conversion, something simply.
Thank You ackbarr and a gracious welcome.

PEACE ALL
Archangel Artifacts, Inc.

AAINC
  • 2003/10/24 23:41

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

Hello,
The theme is about 85% done and coming along nicely.
I have noticed that when you add on modules you have to go through and redo their css files.
Once I am done with the theme I shall make css for IPB and zenTrack to match theme, maybe others..
I have made an Ebay Block and a simple EBay Module, both are currently not working quite right but you can see a demo of the eBay block working athttp://archangelartifacts.com.

I have gotten google.com adsense ads working, again sorta, and will work on them more at a later date.

PEACE ALL
Archangel

Please email me your browser version if you have any problems viewing the theme athttp://archangelartifacts.com
Thanks

archangel at archangelartifacts.com

Login

Who's Online

269 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 269

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits