DoggyDE
GameserverStatus-Module
  • 2003/10/15 23:42

• DoggyDE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/26

Hiho,

at the moment I am writing a module which gathers information from gameservers (at this time halflife-servers only incl. mods). Gameservers can be written to a database and all servers will be shown with their status in realtime. There is also a details-pages available for each server where all players, their frags and playingtime are listed.

People interested in this module should pm me or wait til it reaches "gold" and it will be send to this and the german xoops-site.

Supported languages are english and german. A demo is available HERE.

Planned features:
- more games
- more languages
- map-pics for server-datil-page
- probably a data-collector outside of xoops

Please let me know what u think ;)

brash
Re: GameserverStatus-Module
  • 2003/10/16 1:10

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Sounds like a great idea DoggyDE! You might want to have a chat with Ackbarr as I'm pretty sure he's written a similar module.

ackbarr

I did create a game server management console for Evenground.org but it was pretty tailored to our specific business needs, and I have not had the time to package it as a re-usable module.

Evenground Server List

DoggyDE
  • 2003/10/16 6:58

• DoggyDE

• Just popping in

Holymoly, a management console is the next thing I m going to do since I m planning to run a gameserver-rental business in germany. I ll probably get back to you as soon as I got the GameserverStatus module done.

I m very very interested in your work. Unfortunetly i get a 403 when trying the link you mentioned above :(

Mithrandir

I have a script lying around for querying Tribes 2 servers - if that has interest

Good luck and nice work

DoggyDE
  • 2003/10/16 11:02

• DoggyDE

• Just popping in

Interested? Not just interested but VERY interested. I once wrote a php-script which was capable of quering a lot of different servertype using qstat. I also wrote a perl-script for quering gameservers also using qstat for a mobile service (serverstatus via sms in germany GameSMS).

But this time I'd like to do it with php only. So if ur script is php only I m really interesetd.

ackbarr

my solution also utilized qstat to retrieve it's information, it was actually a port / mod to the UglyGS game server application, so I too would be interested in seeing the php only version.

On the 403 error - I found out that my employeer decided to block 4 different Class A addresses from the server. More than likely your IP address was in one of those ranges. I'll see if I can "persuade" them to lift those blocks

Mithrandir

PM me an email address to send it to.

I must warn you, though, I've made some appearance changes because it was used on an e-xoops 1.3 site and I added some more options, such as inputting the server IP manually or selecting one from a list of servers.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits