Anonymous
Re: Several Hacks
  • 2003/10/14 18:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

fixed the link. thanks.

sunsnapper

I was noticing that when I click to view any of the PDF files on your site, it wants to download instead of being viewed in the browser.

Wasn't sure if this was your intention.

It seems unlikely that this would be a server configuration issue, since pdf mime type is generally a part of a standard configuration.

So, I wondered if it might have to do with WFSections, or your hack of it. I'm not sure if it tries to deliver a mime header.

ackbarr

when downloading a pdf through nautis's website the following headers are being sent by the web server:

Quote:

content-disposition: attachment; filename="92.pdf"
Content-Type: application/pdf

The content type is being set appropriately. If I understand the specifications correctly setting the Content-Disposition to attachment will cause the browser to download and setting it to inline lets the browser attempt to render the content. It looks like /modules/wfsections/download.php sets these headers on lines 53 & 59

Anonymous
  • 2003/10/17 23:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

sunsnapper -

there's an option in acrobat that lets you choose if you want to open pdf's in the browser or not. i'm not sure if there ways to set this option in the mime type headers. hmmmm ...

- nautis

Draven
  • 2003/10/18 2:29

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Quote:

nautis wrote:
glossaire: smartied the module made it easier to navigate by letter.

Maybe I'm missing something but the link you gave to the glossaire module is not smarty enabled, it's the exact same as the org. module.

sunsnapper

At most sites I visit, the PDF file does open in the browser. However, not at the Nautis project.

I think Ackbarr has a solution in his post.

If one changes
content-dispositionattachment;

to
content-dispositioninline;

by editing the lines of code he points to, I suspect that would "fix" it. On the other hand, if you prefer that it is downloaded instead of viewed in the browser, then it isn't broken. Just depends what your preference is.

I love your site, by the way.

Shelia
  • 2003/10/22 19:34

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

A few questions -

wfsection - I love this hack but my users have to be able to submit articles. How can I get the "Submit Articles" back in the wfsection menu on the top page?

wfsection - I changed the register url (at the end of each articles) by editing wfsection_article.html but it still has the same site listed. What am I doing wrong?

newbb - Amazing hack but I would love to give all the images the same look. The XOOPS images are way too big. Any suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits