shivaji

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/13 5:44
shivaji
shivaji (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2003/9/18

How to create a module?

I am using XOOPS for last one month and planing to develop a new module (Auction + Classified) from scratch (no help from open source) which will be compatiable with XOOPS 2.0.5 core structure. I am looking for some guidelines and documentations to help me out in developing this module. Though I registered myself at www.modules.xoops2.com but few of the pages are not working properly.

Any help from hereforth is greatly appreciated.

Thanking all in advance, Regards.

Shivaji

sunsnapper

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/13 6:10
sunsnapper
sunsnapper (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS
Since: 2002/4/10

Re: How to create a module?

Item #7 in the Wiki is what you are looking for, here:
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage

If you want to jump right in, jump to 7.2.2, the Kickstart guide.

I hope that helps. Good luck with the modules.

shivaji

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/13 6:47
shivaji
shivaji (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS

Thanks and any other suggestion will definitely help me in developing this module on time. btw, do I need to register this module to get official support from xoops? If yes how and where?
Posted on: 2003/10/13 13:26
ackbarr
ackbarr (Show more)
Since: 2002/10/2

You will not need to register your module to get support from the XOOPS community. However, there are plans to "certify" modules that work well on a variety of platforms and utilize the XOOPS core functions.

shivaji

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/13 13:35
shivaji
shivaji (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
You will not need to register your module to get support from the XOOPS community. However, there are plans to "certify" modules that work well on a variety of platforms and utilize the XOOPS core functions.

Thats Okay but where and how? I want this module to pass all levels of certification and strictly follow the XOOPS core structure. Please guide me.

Mithrandir

XOOPS is my life!
Posted on: 2003/10/13 14:33
Mithrandir
Mithrandir (Show more)
XOOPS is my life!
Since: 2003/6/21

So far http://modules.xoops2.com is the place to work from

We in the XOOPS module developing group are working on a set of requirements to be met to get the "Official XOOPS Module Certification". Among those requirements will be the use of existing objects, SMARTY templates, Notification and Preferences - where this is an advantage, of courrse.

The set of requirements is not done yet, and we'll also need to setup a group of module testers/reviewers for the certification - Catzwolf is the leader of the module development and can give more information as and when it is available (as well as correct me, where I made a blooper )

shivaji

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/13 15:28
shivaji
shivaji (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
The set of requirements is not done yet, and we'll also need to setup a group of module testers/reviewers for the certification - Catzwolf is the leader of the module development and can give more information as and when it is available (as well as correct me, where I made a blooper )

Thats better, it hits the subject. I will be in touch with Catzwolf. Sorry for my poor english, it looks I am shouting..Its not that. I am worried about time, which is running. Moderator with 340+ post should know what a newbie with 34+ post expects.

Mithrandir

XOOPS is my life!
Posted on: 2003/10/13 17:37
Mithrandir
Mithrandir (Show more)
XOOPS is my life!
Since: 2003/6/21

Check the XOOPS core files. See, how the kernel/user.php, database class etc. work and see, what options are available to you.
Get a module (WF-Sections for example) and look, how that works.
If you feel like writing HTML code in your .php document. Stop!. Make a SMARTY template for it instead (if it's an advantage). Write your code object oriented. Read the xoops_version.php of e.g. news module and use everything you want from that.

If you do that, I'm sure you will have a good module, easy to read and understand and easily fulfilling the requirements for a certification.

Good luck and have fun.

shivaji

Friend of XOOPS
Posted on: 2003/10/14 3:50
shivaji
shivaji (Show more)
Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
If you feel like writing HTML code in your .php document. Stop!. Make a SMARTY template for it instead (if it's an advantage). Write your code object oriented. Read the xoops_version.php of e.g. news module and use everything you want from that.

hmmm...yes, I am doing that. I already collected good amount of documentation for ready refernce. Target 1 month. Thanks again MithyT2 :) Will be in touch with you.