iamdesi
main menu?
  • 2003/10/9 2:38

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/9

hi i was wondering, i wana add my own links to the main users menu, could someone help me out please. what can i do to add my own links.

meme
Re: main menu?
  • 2003/10/9 3:00

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

just
edit this template
\modules\system\templates\blocks\system_block_user.html

after upload it
then update the system from you modules control panel

iamdesi
  • 2003/10/9 3:46

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

ji thanks for replying back to my message. how can i edit the file? cause when i open it i just see the coding in that file, i don't wana touch it anything.

meme
  • 2003/10/9 19:18

• meme

• Quite a regular

you welcome
just open with any program like dreamwaver or fronpage or namo web editor

look at the codes there in the file then add you links under the code

or use imenu module wow its nice for you

search imenu module

ackbarr

ok - there seems to be a bit of confusion about how to best modify templates. When a module is installed, all defined templates for that module are inserted into the database, where they can be seen in "System" -> "Templates". If you want to modify a template, instead of modifying the files in /modules/<modulename>/templates, you can modify them in the database by:

First. Clone the default template set. Go to "System" -> "Templates" and click [ Clone ] for the default template set.
Resized Image
This template set will hold all our custom changes.

Second. Edit your template. If you click on "[List]" next to "System", you will see a long list of templates. Page templates are displayed at the top, block templates are displayed at the bottom. In your particular example, you want to modify the Main Menu Block - "system_block_mainmenu.html" in the block section.
Resized Image
To add links to your main menu block add the appropriate html code after
<!-- end module menu loop -->

To make them look just like the other modules in the main menu block your code should look like this:
<class="menuMain" href="yoururl">Your Title Goes Here</a>

Third. Set this new template set as the default.
Go to "System" -> "Preferences" -> "General Settings" and change the "Default Template Set" property to our new template set.
Resized Image

If the above seems too daunting for you, I highly recommend downloading the iMenu module, which lets you define Main Menu links in the administration panel.

chriso
  • 2003/10/9 22:16

• chriso

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/25

I downloaded iMenu and installed it. However, when I click on the module link, all it does is give me a form with the following entries:
Title
Link
Hide no/yes
Target ...
Groups.

So I put in a link, clicked "submit", and now I have a list of links but don't know what to do with them? What do we do after this?

Thanks

meme
  • 2003/10/10 0:25

• meme

• Quite a regular

sorry imenu its for custom menu in your XOOPS site but if want to add your links in the users menu you have to edit \modules\system\templates\blocks\system_block_user.html

plz see ackbarr post he explain everything

iamdesi
  • 2003/10/10 3:28

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

hello everyone, thanks for replying back to my message. i was wondering where can i find the iMenu module? i tried looking for it on XOOPS but couldn't find it. my link to my site ishttp://www.iamdesi.com/t3/html/ , when u go there in the middle you don't see anything? how can i edit that page? please help me out asap because i'm falling behind for designing the site.

gruessle
  • 2003/10/10 6:34

• gruessle

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/20

You have to install modules

What is your site going to be about?

I am trying to find out which modules you need.

Sample modules:
Forum
Web Links
News

Click on 'Forum' on the left mein menu to see what it is.
Same with 'Web Links' and 'News'

iamdesi
  • 2003/10/10 13:40

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

hi, my site is going to about music. i will point my music links and all that through the XOOPS portal. Another words its gonsa be all about entertainment. please help me out.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits