Daigoro
Problem with Xoops memberlist in Opera
  • 2003/10/5 19:19

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Several of my users has complained about not beeing able to use the memberlist on their Opera browsers.

The problem appears after the membersearch, when the first list of members is beeing displayed. To see the next part of list, one have to press "2", "3" etc.. This is where Opera breaks, as it returns the user directly to the search form.

I looked thrugh the memberlist php code, and noticed an interesting feature, which I haven't seen any other place.
When pressing "2", the URL is set to "modules/xoopsmembers/index.php#2", and the "#2" part is used inside the module to display part 2 of the list.
However, it seems Opera belives a hash (#) indicates an onpage referance to be evaluated after the page is recieved, and thus should not be forwarded to the server.
In other words, "modules/xoopsmembers/index.php#2" is sent to the server as "modules/xoopsmembers/index.php".

I guess the source should be modified to use "?" instead of "#", but I'm not realy good enough at php to do it.

Did any of you allready make this fix?

Best regards,

ackbarr
Re: Problem with Xoops memberlist in Opera

I tried the xoopsmembers module on this site with Opera 7.01 and was able to navigate between pages successfully. However in looking at the html source for the results page, I noticed that the paging relies on Javascript to be enabled for it to work.

onokazu
  • 2003/10/6 0:24

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

This has been fixed in XOOPS 2.0.5 RC

Daigoro
  • 2003/10/7 9:55

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Quote:

onokazu wrote:
This has been fixed in XOOPS 2.0.5 RC

Great. Thanks!

I'm now running a heavily hacked XOOPS system, and would prefer to postpone upgrading as long as possible. Can I just install the new memberlist module in the old system?

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits